Sign in to follow this  

Washington Spark Arrestor feedback

I need to buy spark arrestors for three bikes.

04 KTM 65

07 KTM 125

08 KTM 144

Looking at the FMF Q, FMF turbine core 2, and the ProCircuit 296. I am looking for the spark arrestor that is quiet. The less sound the better even if it costs a little power. Any feedback on these? I've used the ProCircuit SA in the past but never tried the FMF models.

Joe...........

• Like 1

I like the FMF Q. Friend has one on his cr125 and the thing is stealth. I ordered one for a KDX that should be here next week. I'll let you know if its quieter than stock when I get it.

Luckily for me FMF makes the Q Stealth. Only available on 250s. I've tried everything else and nothing compares. :thumbsup: DBsnorkel helps some but it isn't noticeble unlike the Q Stealth. The FMF the Q for 125 is nice and quiet. Turbine Core 2 is a bit louder. I noticed the Q took away some snap on a 250 but the Turbine Core 2 did not.

I need to buy spark arrestors for three bikes.

04 KTM 65

07 KTM 125

08 KTM 144

Looking at the FMF Q, FMF turbine core 2, and the ProCircuit 296. I am looking for the spark arrestor that is quiet. The less sound the better even if it costs a little power. Any feedback on these? I've used the ProCircuit SA in the past but never tried the FMF models.

Joe...........

Joe, I bought the KTM Hardpats spark arrestor, nice and quiet, and decent price.

For your 65, its part number U6906853 picture below:

The 125 and the 144 use the same silencer, part number U6909831

and you can get it for around $149.99. The 65 price is the same as the 125 and 144/150.

SXS08125550.jpg

I peeled off the large KTM sticker on mine that you see on the sides. The end cap also has a real nice KTM logo molded into it. You dont sacrafice any power either

I've had the PC 296 on a couple bikes and liked it just fine. I've ridden with people that have had all the FMF's mentioned and they're all pretty quiet, actually pretty hard to tell apart, with the Q Stealth being most quiet.

If you wanna go cheap, try and find somebody who's selling the old style stock KTM "hockey stick" muffler. I think they still fit the newer machines.

I've had several compliments on how quiet my 300 is with the PC296 on it.

Honestly couldn't say whether it robs any power or not... still have plenty enough to put a smile on my face :thumbsup: .

I've had several compliments on how quiet my 300 is with the PC296 on it.

Honestly couldn't say whether it robs any power or not... still have plenty enough to put a smile on my face :thumbsup: .

We had the 296 SA's on both the 380's and they were great. Then again the 380's have gobs of power so I would not notice a little robbed. The small bore bikes are getting us a little giddy, nice to have something new to create that spark. One FMF Q is on order and that is all we need right this moment. We will give it a spin and see how it works then make the call on the rest.

Joe.............

Good choice Joe. My 300 blows 92 with the FMF Q. People tell me it's quiet all the time. Of course, your bikes will be a higher octave than a 300, but I would think they'll be even more quiet.