Sign in to follow this  

My Winter Project - 2003 Honda CR250R

Well, I figured it was finally time to do the complete tear down. Just started it on Thursday. Got the bike all apart on Thurs and everything cleaned Friday. Started assembling it.

DSC01567.jpg

Tearing it down:

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

DSC01884.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

Everythings clean and ready to be put back together.

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

Right now I am just waiting on my top end back from Eric Gorr, suspension oil, and a few other little things. Still need to rebuild my forks and shock and assemble my motor when I get my top end back.Still need new radiators too.:thumbsup:

christ not holding back on anything there are you lol great thread i love these rebuild projects. good luck and keep the thread updated

Looking good man. I did the same with my bike, and it literally is like a brand new bike from the motor, suspension, etc. I can't wait to ride. Long live the CR smokers !!!

You're gonna HATE to get that thing dirty!! My bike is excellent running condition - but it was cheap and it's not very pretty to look at. When I ride, I pay no attention to how dirty it gets, and I don't think twice about how long it will take to clean up either. I don't use a pressure-washer, just soap and a scrub brush will do. Not pretty, but mechanically sound is pretty fun in my book.

Having said all that, it sure is nice to see the parts of your restoration! You're gonna have a sweet bike once finished for sure! Just don't pass on riding just because you're concerned with how your ride looks.

:thumbsup:

I'm not too concerned on the looks. I don't ever mind getting my bikes dirty. I just pressure wash them when Im done!

I'm not too concerned on the looks. I don't ever mind getting my bikes dirty. I just pressure wash them when Im done!

That's part of what keeps them mechanically sound.:thumbsup:

By the way, whadda ya know about that track kit? Cost and such..

Explorer kit is around $3000. I got mine for 1500 local. I already had it one. Can't wait to ride it in the powder!