Sign in to follow this  

Jetting question.

I just got my TT FCR 39mm, I got another jetting suggestion that may work much better for my future set-up. I have the MRD/SSW pipe,3x3 and BMC air filter installed and plan to put the hotcams in before spring.

The suggestion was to leave the slow air jet in, and drop in a NCYR needle and leave everything else alone.

Is the EMN set up going to work better? Is the NCYR worth tryin I have one in the tool box.

the NCYR has a much leaner striaght diameter and less taper. with the much leaner straight diameter you should be able to leave the pilot air jet in. however the very small throttle opening mix will be lean.the straight diameter of that needle is leaner than the oem E model needle.

the needle having less taper makes the power delivery less agressive.if that what you want than you should experiment with that set up.

the best thing about fcr's is they are completely tuneable. not everyone likes the power delivery the same and not everyone lives/rides in the same conditions. what is supplied in the kit is a good all around set up at sea level with averge humidity,average temp with a open muffler high flowing exhuast system,etc.

its up to you on what to do.

So if I'm looking for the best all around performance and economy in your opinion eddie what needle should I put in. ? Yea I just cant decide I have the carb on the bench four needles sitting in front of it. hmm. which one to choose...

i have

NCYR

EMN

EMR

JD-blue

i like the EMN needle power wise but wont be the most fuel effiecient. EMR will get better mileage but will make the small throttle openings soft.

NCYR has to slow of taper for my taste,but you might like it.

theres more to the settings than just swapping needles.they will use different main jets and pilot circuit settings as well.

Okay Im starting to understand now. If I want the most power to be mid to upper RPM's would the EMN be a better choice here or the EMR? both of them I would be takin the slow air jet out or no? I guess I'm just lookin to make the most upper RPM HP I can with what I have in front of me.

Thanks for all the good Info Eddie! I plan to experiment will all three of these eventually. One more thing do you suggest i do anything with the main when I try the FCYR, I've been told I dont, but would like your advice on this.

the NCYR will use a slighty bigger main jet than a EMN or EMR.

to just test whether or not you like the particual needles response or partial throttle operation you can just swap among them.you can optimize the ain jet after you choose a needle.

swapping needles is easy.