Sign in to follow this  

stressed

My classic XR 350 finally died. Not worth putting money into it anymore. Had that bike in the family since brand new so we got our moneys' worth out of it. Been out of the newer bike world for awhile and hate to by anything used, but can't get myself to make payments, damn bikes sure got expensive. Looking at a 2002 DR 650 with 3,000 miles on it for $1500 dollars. Wondering if it is worth while. It does seem to have that dreaded lower gasket leak, but i can handle that fix. Sounds like DR's are pretty indestructable with no extra BS like radiators. Just something else to spring a leak in the woods. Any feed back would be nice, might make a deposit on the DR on Monday.:thumbsup:

The XR400R is pretty highly reputable, and if you're going to be spending most of your time in the woods I'd suggest that over the DR650.

I belive the last year 400 was 2002 i may be wrong. if you want big bore look at a XR650 huge power and nice to ride a little hard to start or so I have been told I can kick mine over at -10 in the winter no problems,it is water cooled but a blast to ride

The last year of the xr400 was 04 or 05, it would be a much better choice.

Yeah, I do believe that 04 was since the 450x came out in 05. If you loved your 350, you'll love a 400. Not a whole lot different, but a good, solid bike.