Sign in to follow this  

1997 XR200 - should i buy it?

So i'm looking for a good all around dirt bike and would really prefer something street legal. I found this bike - check out the link - and it's within my budget. My question is will it be too small for me? i'm 6' 170lbs with some experience riding motorcycles. I'm not looking to ride hard core but for something to pull me around the logging roads and around town....

thanks for any comments!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1619677737.html

Not "too" small, but it's going to be small for sure. A 250 would fit you a lot better, but plated for $1500 is going to be hard to beat.

I'm 5'9" and I enjoy ours, but I feel oversized on it. (but I'm 240lbs too)

It would be small for you, but it IS a good deal for a good lookin' bike, even though it is during Honda's "white" phase. I'm a diehard Honda "red" fan.

The great thing about it is it's street legal. That will keep it's resale at around the same price. I would offer him about $1300-1350.

Cool, thanks for your guys' input. I'm still torn between the 200, 250 and 400. There's a few different good deals i've got my eyes on...:thumbsup:

Cool, thanks for your guys' input. I'm still torn between the 200, 250 and 400. There's a few different good deals i've got my eyes on...:ride:

There always will be choices... making the decision difficult! Even then, you might think you're getting a deal, only to see someone on CL posting something similar for cheaper! :thumbsup:

I purchased my 2006 DRZ for $2,300.

And i have an 1992 xr200 that we purchased for $540 and since put about $400 in it. If i had it to do all over again i would have saved up for a newer nicer, finished bike to put my wife on.

Go for a 250-400cc

ok so now i'm wavering and leaning towards a tw200. Anybody know anything about one of those? they seem pretty sweet for what i'll be using it for.