Sign in to follow this  

1971 sl100

My 19 year old sons friend was moving and had an old beater motorcycle in the garage and asked if I wanted it. They didn't know what make/model it was so i said sure, bring it over.

The tank, seat, coil and broken up side side covers were in a box. Otherwise it was complete with original tires and 39 years worth of muck on the engine & frame. it has 5365 miles on the speedo.

I striped it to the bones, cleaned all parts, carb, etc. took inventory of what needs to be replaced for a full restoration and put it back together. I bought a new battery and air filter and it fired right up.

My plan is to use it as a rider at my vacation home while I collect the needed parts for a full restoration.

If anyone has parts available or can direct me to a good source it would be appreciated.

To get it registered, I need:

Headlight - low beam element burnt out

Tail light lens and lamp

front brake switch

carb bowl clip

The big ticket items for a restoration:

Side covers

complete muffler

clutch perch

IMG_5054.jpgIMG_5053.jpg

Nice score. If that is a Bassini pipe I would consider a trade for mine. I just painted it, this is what it looks like right now.

013-1.jpg

I will only ride this bike offroad so I am not as concerned with sound.

KP

That looks like an old Super Trapp muffler, but don't know about the header.

headlight, lenses and other stuff dr atv or re-mx.....side covers check with marble motors (expect high dollar)..muffler your on your own-check ebay...

I don't know what the header pipe is. The silencer is a super trapp. I've been cruising eBay for parts and have been in contact with Marble Motors. Thanks for the links.

After riding it around the neighborhood this weekend I think I'll have more fun with this bike as is. If I do a full restoration I may be afraid to get it dirty. Maybe I'll have to pick up another one so I can have one of each.:thumbsup:

Hey there KJ- I might be able to help you out w the clip for the float bowl if you are still in need. I just purchase a new carburator for my Sl100 and really dont think i will be putting the old one back on.