PowerSeal Cylinder Plating Before and After pics

I posted a review over in General but since its off my KX I figured I would put something up here as well.

Just got the cylinder back today from being related. $179 for the plating service. I live 15 min. so I actually dropped it off, everyone I delt with was very helpful, and I think they do great work.

Here are some pictures

Before

Picture013.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

After

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

You've convinced me to do mine next winter, it doesnt need it but i want it to look pretty on the outside, like yours.

haha.... yea mine didn't "technically" need it done but I was redoing the bottom end so I figured I would just do everything and be done for a while.

Don't forget to check your ring end gap though...

Yea definitely, I put everything back on the cylinder and was hoping to have it running today but I cant find my dang alignment pins for between the cylinder and bottom end so I had to order some new ones.

Yea definitely, I put everything back on the cylinder and was hoping to have it running today but I cant find my dang alignment pins for between the cylinder and bottom end so I had to order some new ones.

Next time use lots of little ziploc sandwich/snack bags with labels. They work great:thumbsup:

looks like they glassbeaded it. i dont know about that. i like the fact that kawi paints there cyl silver, its easy to wash and always looks clean. that cyl will look like crap once it gets dirty. throw some paint on it.

Its coated. Its just a different coating (paint) than oem.

OEM cylinders do have a coating on them. It's baked on and is very thin. However, that replated cylinder does not. If you notice the little black specs, that's from a media blast of sorts. An aluminum component will got through an acid wash then a media blast. Go through the replating/honing process then through another wash.

If you want to go through the minor task of masking it off and painting it. You can use a good engine paint. VHT is very good. As long as you don't use any carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner on it, it will hold very good.

Also, a very good coating is automotive header paint, then bake it at 400* for about 30 min. It'll be rock hard and durable to solvents.

like this.

112buildpics002.jpg