bad intake boots

When I removed my carb on my 88 xt350 I realized my intake boots were bad. The rubber had separated from the metal. When I priced these I was shocked to see that the pair would be $100! ? I know I probably shouldn’t but I have thought about trying to repair to separated boots. They have separated cleanly from the metal so maybe some rtv sealant or something similar would work. I'm not set on doing this just thought maybe I would ask if anyone had tried it. If so what did you use and how did it work?

I'd sign up for a yamaha forum and ask there, I can almost guarantee you'll find some within a week or two at worse

I've found lots of parts for old bikes for REAL cheap.. hell got a set of carbs for my 1989 fzr600 street bike for $30 on a forum (with boots and air box lol)

Even got a clean title frame for $100 lol

But I had to look on a forum, weren't many parts on ebay, and prices were outrageous ?

• 1 year later...

FYI,

You likely won't find used intake boots and if you do, don't buy them. Those boots are pretty much the only thing that goes bad on these bikes. Time kills them, not use. A new set should be good for about 5 years. RTV works for about 10 min.

Check out the Yamaha Dual Sport sub Forum. This has been coverd there many times.