Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx450 service manual

can anyone pm me service manual? Im near Tampa Fl and have bean having probs getting my kawasaki to start well and run well. I went up on the PJ to a 48 from a 42 and put aftermarket mixture screw. Still around three turns out on mixture screw and bikes not popping and backfiring anymore. Its miles better than what it was. Ran my first HS at Gatorback and had to kick bike six times at the start. That cost me alot... Still thinking i can get it start better would going up to a 52 on the PJ be to much? Gonna check the valves when get manual. It also kicks harder than my 2006 450 yamaha. It just feels like its got more compression and a higher kick stroke. Plays hell on the knee though Im 72" and it still takes some ass to kick it.

If you PM me your email I will send you a copy of the service man.:thumbsup:

I bought my 07 new and the stock jetting is pretty good.I did and still use team green spec,stock pilot,2.5 turns mixture screw,55 leak jet,180 main.Altitude and temperature does make a difference in jetting selection.I have used that jetting up and over 8000ft single track trail riding in the snow.I feel that your hard starting is due to a manual decompression spring is broken.It's located on the side of the exhaust cam,if your lucky it's in 2 pieces still attach, if not remove left hand case cover to remove broken bits.