Sign in to follow this  

choke plunger

just a quick question.I just got a 05 yz250,pretty sad shape,got her up to standard and i was wondering about the choke.I can't get it to stay in the choke position.I bought a new plunger and it does the same.The parts guy at my dealership said you can tighten up the plunger but i couldn't see a way to do this.this being my first 2 stroke,i'm a little perplexed.any ideas.Both my 4 strokes the choke stays up until you push it down. thanks in advance

I assume he is talking about where the choke plunger threads into the carb. From there, if you have just installed a new choke plunger assembly, then yes it should locate and stay in the raised position(choke on) until you push it back down to turn the choke off. Are you pulling the choke on hard enough to allow it to locate in the "on" position? Should be very straight forward. Dont overcomplicate it and confuse yourself.

anybody know how the choke is locked in the up position.I'm thinking it's in the carb body not in the plunger.but what do i know,sombody has had this problem before i bet.Anyone know where i can see the breakdown on the inside of the carb. thanks

Here is a view of your carb.

Like Swapper256 asked............ Are you pulling the choke on hard enough to allow it to lock in the "on" position?.......

The Choke is one unit it locks within it's self. The Choke assembly is #2

1737_carburetor.gif