Sign in to follow this  

4 month project finally comes to a close

I know there isnt a noticable difference but all that was really changed was a radiator. But this was a big accomplishment for me because it was my first time doing all the repairs myself....

Before....

bike1.jpg

During, Basically all body off, tank off, and radiators gone.

bike2.jpg

After, new radiator back together and started up in 30 degree weather....

bike3.jpg

p.S. I did this all with a very small amount of tools.....:thumbsup::ride:

All you need is a 10mil and an 8mil to get all of that stuff off, so yea you def don't need alot of tools. :thumbsup:

So did you install a new rad or clean it up?

installed, during the end of sept, i got into a nasty crash and it got all mangled up...

nice work, feels good doesnt it? :thumbsup:

feels amazing, when i got it started i about cryed i was so happy, i was so happy.

Kewl man!!! ive never srtiped my bike down like that yet but whenerver i do sumthing to it... change grips, break pads, put gass in it... IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO!!!!!!!

yeah one thing that i did that made a huge difference in the time and confusion was, to sperate the bolts in small snack ziplock baggies and labeled them!!! so if there is any advise i could give to those stripping there bikes is to get some snack ziplock baggies and label them!!! i actually have new grips i need to put on too, thinking about new number plates...

:thumbsup: 4 months?

sorry not rich and couldnt afford the parts right away.

if i would have had the cash it would have been a day project... it took a total of like 3 hours to tear it apart and put it back together, the 4 months was waiting on the broken radiator to get fixed which it was too busted up, then the rest of it was waiting for the money to pay for the new radiator...

Nice Job. Pretty soon you will accumulate a nice tool collection, and be confident enough to do even more types of maintenance projects. Here's my most recent tear down/build up. (2005 YZ250)

05yz2504.jpg

feels amazing, when i got it started i about cryed i was so happy, i was so happy.

Ive pretty much realized that on these bikes, as long as you take your time and your meticulous, theres not much you cant rebuild, you have thumpertalk and the internet, probably the most valuable tool you will ever use when it comes to bike maint.

sorry not rich and couldnt afford the parts right away.

if i would have had the cash it would have been a day project... it took a total of like 3 hours to tear it apart and put it back together, the 4 months was waiting on the broken radiator to get fixed which it was too busted up, then the rest of it was waiting for the money to pay for the new radiator...

Sorry man, just busting your balls, now you went and made me feel bad about it. Lol. Just when I saw the post title I thought, damn he must've done a lot, then see all you did is the radiator...

yeah one thing that i did that made a huge difference in the time and confusion was, to sperate the bolts in small snack ziplock baggies and labeled them!!! so if there is any advise i could give to those stripping there bikes is to get some snack ziplock baggies and label them!!! i actually have new grips i need to put on too, thinking about new number plates...

What you could have also done was put the bolts back in the holes.. Thats what i always do

What you could have also done was put the bolts back in the holes.. Thats what i always do

another good idea. or you could use small containers, etc... i use anything but plastic bags. seems a bit wastefull

Excellent! Next project, change those tires!

i actually do plan on it, i have one out at my farm but its in a garage thats door is blocked by like 15ft of snow. so thats gonna be a lil while, the front one is basically new but yeah just need a back one really..