Sign in to follow this  

What company is this ( PEPSS)

I have a steering stabilizer on my 2004 yfz 450s that is a brand that I have never heard of. At least I believe it is a stabilizer. It attachs to the houser steering stem I have and then attachs to the frame at the oil resavoir. In between the attachment points is a shock absorber like piston. On the case the logo reads PEPSS. I have tried looking this up on the internet but I don't get anything that comes up. If anyone knows who this is made by or how I can get ahold of them by website, please let me know. I need to purchase a new piston as the one that is on the quad now is weak and dosn't work to well. I would love to know who this is made by. There is also a sticker under the rear fender that says the same thing, PEPSS. Thanks in advance

Thank man. You would think that a company like baldwin that uses pep as a part of their race team would put the name out there more. If you would have never told me that I would have never been able to find them. I searched for hours last night. Thanks alot man. Now I can get my dampner rebuilt.

I had a PEP stabilizer on a 300EX a dozen years ago. It was ok, but was strangely heavy like a brick, weird, and difficult to mount. Tossed it in the trash one fine day and replaced it with a Denton, and I suggest you do the same rather than trying to rebuild that old white elephant!

Have not seen Dentons around lately, but Golden West ATV has a stabilizers that appears to be virtually identical:

http://www.goldenwestcycle.com/productinfo_item_267-dc_545.htm

http://www.goldenwestcycle.com/productinfo_item_663-dc_504.htm

As I recall, PEP shocks are little more than some kind of rework of WorksPerformance units...which I also highly recommend!

Thanks for the info. The damper I have on my quad is basically a bracket that connects to the frame where the engine brace is and then runs up to the steering stem and bolts on with a wrap around bracket with allen screws. It has worked wonders on the areas we ride here in fl. with all the deep sugar sand and no topsoil. Man I wish I could ride in the mountains again of wv. Thats were I grew up riding then came to fl for work and started riding alot of woops after woops after woops. Thanks for the info I will check out the Dentons damper.