what brand rear sprocket

Words of wisdom....Run the Ironman sprockets! I have had them on my xr's and crf's, four bikes total and had at least 100 hours on them each. MSR distributes them or talk with DirtTricks.com. I have a friend that bought the Renthal Twin ring steel/aluminum sprocket and it has expired already with roughly 50+ hrs. and I have 60 hrs. and have just put a new RK MXU chain to replace the RK non o-ring chain that stretched close to 5/8''. I have run an aluminum sprocket once and I never did again.

As already stated the Ironman/MSR rear sprocket will outlast anything else on the market and only weighs a few ounces more than aluminum. They are definitely worth the extra money. If you combine it with a good sealed chain like the DID VT2, The rest of your bike will wear out before your chain and sprockets.

I have an RMA rear sprocket, its good. I have used it for the last 9months and no complaints. I don't if you can still get them, but I bought mine from rockymountainatv and it was less than $20. I have put over 80hrs on it.

+1 had one of those on my 125 and it lasted the entire time i had the bike, little over a year of hard riding

Best deal on rear sprockets is that Rocky mountain Primary Drive deal. Aluminum sprockets are pretty much all the same, so price point is really the deal there and you cant get a cheaper aluminum sprocket than that Primary Drive deal from Rocky.

With that said, those primary drive chains are absolute junk. Trust me...

Have over 200 hours on an ironman/DID combo on my 250F and it still looks great. Best investment bar none

Sounds like you are running an x-ring chain. They will last that long on a 250f. I'd recommend retiring your chain for a new one just as a preventative measure because the costs associated with a broken chain can be very high if it takes out your engine cases and your old chain has already served you well. All it takes is one damaged seal to allow one link to wear out without you knowing it and the chain can eventually break. With the more powerful 450's, it's a good idea to replace the x-ring chains at around 100 hours, even if they aren't showing any stretch.