Sign in to follow this  

anyone know and easy way to remove gasket?

im trying to remove a gasket and i have peeled off everything i can but there is still stuff left behind.....anyone know an easy way to clean it all up?

with a razor blade and very very carefully to get the bulk off, always stay flat and try not to take any metal off.

whatever you cant get off with the razor, I just spray a rag with brake clean (or something similar) and scrub really hard. takes a little time but you can get it perfect if youre patient enough.

Razor for sure to get off as muchas you can. It usually gets about all of it. I use carb cleaner and scotchbrite to get the rest

Always go scrape along the sealing surface not across it so when you scratch it it doesn't leak.

take a pure copper penny(1982 or lower) and grind the edge sharp, it wont scratch the surface because copper is softer.

Great tip! Hopefully i remember it now.

i just tried the penny trick and it helped but i still cant get the big pieces off(mainly around the bolt holes)

razor blade man, be careful not to scratch the surface though. or a putty knife would also work... like a razor but very hard plastic so you wont/cant damage the surface.

me and my freind used two cycle mix and that seemed to work a little better but what works the best I think is letting it sit in gumout carb cleaner for 5 min then scrape it off with a razor blade.