What are some good Triple clamps?

I'm hoping the Applied clamps are really good because I just put a set on my '08. The price was really good at $342.00 from CRF's Only but expect to wait a couple of weeks if you want black. ?

IMG_5901_web.jpg

IMG_5905_web.jpg

looks good!

a little off topic but was wondering how your CR500AF was coming along?

looks good!

a little off topic but was wondering how your CR500AF was coming along?

Thanks man. ? The 500AF is going slowly at the moment since I'm enjoying the 450 so much and it's not a rush to have two bikes. When it gets too hot to ride here, I'll spend more time on the conversion.?

This is how it sits for now.

IMG_5929_web.jpg

Bike looks sick. Let me know how you like them.

Thank you and I will definitely let you know. :ride:

Forgot to mention that the only issue I had mounting everything up was with the brake line guide. I had to notch a bit out of my numberplate to clear it.

I also had to run one of the short tank cap vents as there wasn't any room to get the vent hose under the bar pad but, of course, that was a Fatbar issue not one with the clamps.?

Edited by HrcRacing

Thanks man. ? The 500AF is going slowly at the moment since I'm enjoying the 450 so much and it's not a rush to have two bikes. When it gets too hot to ride here, I'll spend more time on the conversion. :ride:

This is how it sits for now.

IMG_5929_web.jpg

nice. i love seeing those conversions.

and i just noticed that you dont have your dampener on your bike in the pic. you take it off or just not have it on in the pic?

Do some reading up on each of the clamps. They all have their unique advantages. The RG3 is rated high for quality, vibration damping and crash protection but at close to $750 complete (upper/lower with EVO bar) is BIG money. You can certainly limit the search if you are seeking non-oem offset. Not all offer those.

Good luck.

nice. i love seeing those conversions.

and i just noticed that you dont have your dampener on your bike in the pic. you take it off or just not have it on in the pic?

Thanks man. I bought a set of '07 clamps (24mm) and preferred them w/out the HPSD so that's what I'm running with the Applied clamps. ?

whats everyone think the best offset to run on a 09? and for starters what is the 09 stock?

Stock is 20mm offset.

Chassis/Suspension

•Frame, steering head and swingarm modifications permit a reduction in triple-clamp offset (22 to 20mm).