Sign in to follow this  

Fork spring seats??

Im looking into puting in some factory connection spring seats in my crf450x, the sx ones. But i looked through my manuel and it didnt say how to do this or were these even were, So can someone tell me please were these r and give me some advise in changeing them? Thanks

Do you know how to change the oil and remove the cartridges from the fork? If so, they are on the cartridge leg (it is what the springs push on). To remove them you will need to remove the snap ring at the bottom of cartridge, followed by the bottoming cone (a small aluminum ring). They will them slip off of the cartridge tubes. Hope that helps! P.S. Why are you putting SX ones in an offroad fork? Just curious.

Do you know how to change the oil and remove the cartridges from the fork? If so, they are on the cartridge leg (it is what the springs push on). To remove them you will need to remove the snap ring at the bottom of cartridge, followed by the bottoming cone (a small aluminum ring). They will them slip off of the cartridge tubes. Hope that helps! P.S. Why are you putting SX ones in an offroad fork? Just curious.

Thanks that helps alot, iv changed the seals so iv had it all apart before. And im a big guy so i want it to help keep the fork from collapseing as easy. i have stiffer springs in it also but i wanted a little more. But i havent made my mind up yet if ill go with the sx ones or the mx ones, but i think ill go with the sx ones

And iv had them apart enough to change the seals but havent messed with the dampner or anything, but im willing to try it to learn.

I figured that was the reason for doing it. A cheap way to see if the SX seats would help is to put 10w fork oil in the outer legs (same amount as what you have now in 5w). The SX spring seats just bump up compression like mad, so putting in heavier oil basically does the same thing.:thumbsup:

I figured that was the reason for doing it. A cheap way to see if the SX seats would help is to put 10w fork oil in the outer legs (same amount as what you have now in 5w). The SX spring seats just bump up compression like mad, so putting in heavier oil basically does the same thing.:thumbsup:

I actually have 10w in it right now. i put it in when i changed the seals and springs

Also do i have to drain the dampner to change the seats?

Nope! Sounds like you might be a candidate for a custom revalve.

ok awsome, id love to have a custom revalve but dont have the money for that and spring seats r 130$ and i can do it myself so to me thats just fine, i aint no pro so ill be fine with this. Iv almost got it setup perfect, so with the new spring seats ill be able to dial it in perfect