Sign in to follow this  

Today's new Farkle

The RAM GPS holder came in the mail yesterday. It's raining and I had worked on the mount design last week. I used one of the OEM bar mounts & hogged it out to fit the PT bars. Then welded some aluminum pieces on the bottom with a plate and a strip of silicone rubber to dampen vibration (a little)

I hardwired the Garmin 450t to a circut off of the battery that I use for the battery tender.

I just wish I coud run a LAMBDA sensor through the garmin, my cockpit is getting cluttered.

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

You got alot going on there but looks good. I think you need one more guage somewhere :thumbsup:

The dampy is a Ralle Moto, built down under. It has 3 variable dampining modes. It's a very nice upgrade and works in concert with my suspension mods. I was lucky and got it at 1/2 price.

(I painted the tank the day before. (chroma base 2 stage) The 500 is a resto in progress)

I rode all day yesterday. The GPS confirmed the speed-o is off. If you ride and use the DR speed-o you should never get a speeding ticket

The dampy is a Ralle Moto, built down under. It has 3 variable dampining modes. It's a very nice upgrade and works in concert with my suspension mods. I was lucky and got it at 1/2 price.

(I painted the tank the day before. (chroma base 2 stage) The 500 is a resto in progress)

I rode all day yesterday. The GPS confirmed the speed-o is off. If you ride and use the DR speed-o you should never get a speeding ticket

Yeah, tell that to my wallet:smirk:...I got caught "Cruising" @ 52 the other day...oh, yeah..it was a 40 zone..:thumbsup:

Yeah, tell that to my wallet:smirk:...I got caught "Cruising" @ 52 the other day...oh, yeah..it was a 40 zone..:thumbsup:

Hello Wallet, if the speed zone is 40 mph and I "cruise" at 40 I should not need you today.

What's going on with the engine in the background behind the pictures of the bags?

Cool! I've kind of got a thing for the old SR500. Would really like to do a street tracker. I'd also like to get a hold of an SRX600, but the days of finding one of those cheap are gone.

I finally got back to my tool box project. I burned the rest of it up today and hung it on the Dr. I made it by cutting sections off 4" round alum. tubing- welded some flat sides on it. Solid rivets for the hinge (cheap home depot lock)

Now to mount a potato cannon:smirk:

IMG_18822.jpg

It's 14" deep, I scotch brite'd it sprayed with rattle can clear

While I had the buzz box out I added some spikes to the stock pegs

IMG_18832.jpg

(next project-home made desert tank)

kind of sad really, the donor tank never left the show room floor

when I get to it, I'll hack it to pieces

IMG_18842.jpg