Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport event rating.

no organized event is fast enough for you craiger :thumbsup:

all jokes aside, MOST ds events are set up for a more cruzing pace and photo opps than the trail terrorizing we like.....you can get the gps coordinates and run the trail on a non-event day and run it at "your" pace.

no organized event is fast enough for you craiger :thumbsup:

all jokes aside, MOST ds events are set up for a more cruzing pace and photo opps than the trail terrorizing we like.....you can get the gps coordinates and run the trail on a non-event day and run it at "your" pace.

What about Soboba, this weekend. A couple of The guys from Pro Ride, are doing that tomorrow.

How much longer till you get better. Pala should be good, Sunday!

http://www.palaraceway.com/hours-a-directions

Meeting some guys from Pro Ride there.

http://www.proride.com/forum.htm

Are you friends with your neighbor Jim Chaimberlain.(CPR.) He did a really good job making my 250R scream.

Craig.

Edited by craig hammon

I am new to Dual Sport events, and was wondering, what to expect. Is this a complete list of events, in So Cal. Witch are easy-hard.

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ridingevents.php

I have heard Big Bear in June, would be a good ride for me, to try on my XR 650L.:thumbsup: Thanks, Craig.

I think you would have much more fun on my Death Valley ride on a 650L.

What about Soboba, this weekend. A couple of The guys from Pro Ride, are doing that tomorrow.

How much longer till you get better. Pala should be good, Sunday!

http://www.palaraceway.com/hours-a-directions

Meeting some guys from Pro Ride there.

http://www.proride.com/forum.htm

Are you friends with your neighbor Jim Chaimberlain.(CPR.) He did a really good job making my 250R scream.

Craig.

i dont consider soboba an organized ds ride. more of a "i think the trail is that way" try not to die ride. that thing is wild and you dont need to be ds to do it

no i dont know jim chamberlin

I think you would have much more fun on my Death Valley ride on a 650L.

Which rides are the toughest-hardest. Most technical.:ride: The 650L is not an issue. It's just, very heavy, and bullet proof.

Pala was good today, and very crowded,(only 2 tracks open) :thumbsup:

Craig.

Edited by craig hammon

Which rides are the toughest-hardest. Most technical.:ride: The 650L is not an issue. It's just, very heavy, and bullet proof. :thumbsup: Craig.

We get a few people on 650L but we don't consider them a Dual Sport bike, more of a small Adventure bike.

The Hi Desert 250 in Jan and this weekend

Big Bear

Chaparrals

SMTS

VCMC

Have the most single track. Ride Big Bear and get a plack for riding all the hard ways and I will eat crow!

A couple of years ago on Mexico 2 Canada we had 5 650s for the first half not one guy came back on one, they all bought 450EXCs to finish the ride.

We get a few people on 650L but we don't consider them a Dual Sport bike, more of a small Adventure bike.

The Hi Desert 250 in Jan and this weekend

Big Bear

Chaparrals

SMTS

VCMC

Have the most single track. Ride Big Bear and get a plack for riding all the hard ways and I will eat crow!

A couple of years ago on Mexico 2 Canada we had 5 650s for the first half not one guy came back on one, they all bought 450EXCs to finish the ride.

Sounds like I'm in for Big Bear.I have skipped this one in the past, because Ive ridden with guys who have plack's, figured it couldn't be that hard.

How many miles, is Saturday. What's a good time. How much time do I get.

See ya there, Thank's Craig.:thumbsup:

Thank's Anyone have last years tracks.

Craig.

These are comercial fee rides, tracks are given out at sign up along with your roll chart and map. If tracks are posted on Internet they will no longer be available for events.

These are comercial fee rides, tracks are given out at sign up along with your roll chart and map. If tracks are posted on Internet they will no longer be available for events.

Just looking for tracks of the good stuff so I can get in a couple good rides, up there..:thumbsup:

Maybe you can Email an old( Saturday hard ways) track, To hammonconstruction@yahoo.com I will send you 20.00$

This will sound stupid, but grab a map and start riding. String almost all of the non pavement together and you will get the Big Bear ride. Now I have never done it, but that's what I got from asking about last years.

All I can say is you had better be pretty used to the XR650L before attempting a ride like this on one. It's not like the CR500 in your signature. I hope to attempt getting a plaque this year on my XR600.

craig can do the big bear ride on his 650L WITH the surfboard on it and a flat.

:thumbsup: sorry craiger couldnt resist

i dare you to do the bbr with that half helmet too :ride:

craig can do the big bear ride on his 650L WITH the surfboard on it and a flat.

:thumbsup: sorry craiger couldnt resist

i dare you to do the bbr with that half helmet too :ride:

It says passengers are FREE.

beachtrip011.jpg

bib bear ride...2 up, luggage, surfboard, half helmets, i think you otta let the air outta your tires and wear flip flops.....i will come up and watch that :thumbsup:

only craig.....

I haven't ridden all of the Big Bear stuff, but Craig can ride all of that stuff... his wife will have to dismount for some of the gnarlier stuff.

I used to take my wife out with me to Corral, but it did seem like she had to dismount too much for it to be that fun.

Craig; If you'd like an opinion (and I'm pretty sure you don't) don't try for a plaque with the wife... as much as it would give you bragging rights, it might not be that fun for her... the easier trails would be more fun

Original Post:

I am new to Dual Sport events, and was wondering, what to expect. Is this a complete list of events, in So Cal. Witch are easy-hard.

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ridingevents.php

I have heard Big Bear in June, would be a good ride for me, to try on my XR 650L.:thumbsup:

Anyone have some GPS. tracks, for Big Bear.

Thanks, Craig.

Quoting since the user continues to delete/edit posts.

Sounds like I'm in for Big Bear.I have skipped this one in the past, because Ive ridden with guys who have plack's, figured it couldn't be that hard.

I don't think you'll find a single guy (and girl) that's ridden all the hard ways and thought it wasn't 'that hard'. They make it hard for a reason.

Show up, ride your pig, get a plaque, tell us how great you are, then be done with it. Until then, no need to talk about it again.

Didn't realize this thread was just for "sand skippers". Just kiddin'...

But seriously folks... Two of the best National Dual Sport rides on the KTM NATIONAL DUAL SPORT RIDING SERIES for 2010 are the Hanging Rock 200 out of Lake Hope @ Zaleski, OH and the Nutcracker 200 out of Logan, OH. We'd love for you guys to experience what "mudrunnin'" is all about. There's even more:

2010 Trail Events -Ohio Region

Here you go boys, the "master list" for the Ohio area for 2010.

Print this one out and stick it on the fridge.

2010 Trail Events in the Ohio Region

Appalachian Championship Enduro Series

Ohio (ACES RACES) www.aces-races.com

3/21/10 CHILLICOTHE ENDURO RIDERS -Lucky Leprechaun Enduro

4/11/10 ATHENS MOTORCYCLE CLUB -ACES BENEFIT RUN

5/30/10 APPALACHIAN DIRT RIDERS - Little Raccoon Classic

6/13/10 NEW STRAITSVILLE ENDURO RIDERS –Moonshine Enduro

7/18/10 ZANESVILLE TRAIL RIDERS -Big Muskie Enduro

8/22/10 ENDURO RIDERS ASSOCIATION -Little Burr Enduro

9/19/10 ATHENS MOTORCYCLE CLUB –The Milk Run Enduro

10/17/10 CHILLICOTHE ENDURO RIDERS –Art Mitchell Memorial Enduro

11/14/10 TREATY CITY MOTORCYCLE CLUB* –Peace Pipe Enduro

01/??/11 ACES AWARDS BANQUET

*possible double points event. (1st 2011, last 2010 event) TBA

All events are AMA sanctioned, and will have a Sportsman/Dual Sport Class.

Ohio Family Enduro Series

A.M.A. license suggested, but not required.

8/01/10 APPALACHIAN DIRT RIDERS, Wellston, OH (family enduro on Sat, Adult DS trail ride on Sunday)

8/21/10 ENDURO RIDERS ASSOCIATION, MacArthur, OH (Family enduro on Saturday, Adult enduro on Sunday)

8/29/10 ZANESVILLE TRAIL RIDERS, Zanesville, OH (family enduro on Sat, DS trail ride on Sun)

Dual Sport Trail Rides (Ohio Region)

5/1-2/10 4-Fun Trail Riders, Renfro Valley, KY

5/22-23/10 Hanging Rock Dual Sport (Buckeye Dual Sporters), Lake Hope, OH

6/27/10 Flint Ridge Dual Sport (Licking County Trail Riders), Brownsville, OH

7/11/10 Muddobbers Dual Sport, Matthews, IN

7/25/10 Doug Blackwell Dual Sport, Parkersburg, WV

8/01/10 (Appalachian Dirt Riders) Wellston, OH

8/08/10 Hocking Valley MC, Logan, OH

8/29/10 Bootleg Dual Sport (Zanesville Trail Riders) Zanesville, OH

9/11-12/10 Nutcracker Dual Sport (Buckeye Dual Sporters) Logan, OH

10/9-10/10 Baby Burr (Enduro Riders Assoc) MacArthur, OH