Sign in to follow this  

New accessory for the new 230.

Can't ride my new bike yet, as it's been -20 below out... so I had to do something.

I could order a bike stand, probably end up costing me over $100 for the one I'd want. So... I ended up building one.

2x2's, Plywood, Black Krylon, Rubber from Walmart, Magnetic Tray and stickers. Maybe $50 total... and had a blast. Not "Sick" or "Trick"... but pretty Slick. :thumbsup:

798471252_FxtBJ-L.jpg

798471272_HuW97-L.jpg

798471250_CrqPL-L.jpg

798471284_QHE9h-L.jpg

The satisfaction of doing it your self is always the best feeling, looks great. FYI. Harbor freight has them on sale for $29 and they are pretty good. If you want a spare. Do they have them in Alaska?

The satisfaction of doing it your self is always the best feeling, looks great. FYI. Harbor freight has them on sale for $29 and they are pretty good. If you want a spare. Do they have them in Alaska?

They usually have them... but all the dealers have their sled stuff in right now... not much riding gear to be found.

Thanks for the tip on the stand. :thumbsup:

ill raise your $10 stand to a $350 all titanium one!

MX_Stojalo_1.jpg

p.s. i do not own this, haha and anyone that does needs a grip on reality.

I likely would have went in that direction if I'd have seen it. :thumbsup:

But I did have a blast crafting mine. :ride:

No doubt Ron......building it was more fun than using it!!

that stand you made is tight looking, at first I thought it was one you purchased.. Very nice for home made!

I used to just use a bucket for my stand (same bucket I put used oil in lol) tell the top of the bucket broke..

Now I just went back to my old method, and still my favorite method when fully servicing the bike as there is ZERO chance for the bike to fall over :thumbsup:

swingarmt.jpg

btw got all my spring maintenance done, valves adjusted, bearings cleaned and greased, fresh oil, new tires, ready for the season to start!!! :ride:

that stand you made is tight looking, at first I thought it was one you purchased.. Very nice for home made!

Thanks. It turned out better looking than I thought it would. And the legs came out level first shot at it! :lol:

I used to just use a bucket for my stand (same bucket I put used oil in lol) tell the top of the bucket broke..

Now I just went back to my old method, and still my favorite method when fully servicing the bike as there is ZERO chance for the bike to fall over :thumbsup:

swingarmt.jpg

btw got all my spring maintenance done, valves adjusted, bearings cleaned and greased, fresh oil, new tires, ready for the season to start!!! :ride:

LMAO!! I seriously did not see the straps until I looked at the pic three or four times. I'm like.. W*T*F!?!?! :lol:

This is the first bike I've had with a kick stand. Kinda nice having it around. :lol: I think I'm gonna really like the electric start also. My last bike was a '91 CR500. That thing tore the ever lovin' s*** outta my foot. Got to where I wasn't looking forward to riding anymore. Yeah... looking forward to the electric foot on the 230. :lol:

• Like 1

LMAO!! I seriously did not see the straps until I looked at the pic three or four times. I'm like.. W*T*F!?!?! :lol:

Yeah, I thought Towlee had it balanced on the kickstand and was saying it was tipover-proof :ride:

Great stand, I could not tell it was homemade at 1st glance :thumbsup: