Crap, no more Mobil 1 15W-50 at Walmart

I have gone to Walmart the last 2 weeks looking for my beloved 15W-50 Mobil 1 silver cap and it wasn't there. I talked to the Walmart expert (ya, I use that term loosely), and he said they no longer carry it. Crap, now what to use as that was a great oil and cheap in the big container.

I bought Castrol GTX 20W-50 for my FZ1 (it burns less oil with GTX than with synthetics) and Rotella T6 synthetic 5W-40 for my dirtbikes (I have used Rotella T before, but didn't like the dark color to tell how dirty the oil is when changing).

Oh well, just a heads up.

My local selection includes Rite-Aid (yes, they have oil), Ace Hardware, and NAPA (who left). Next closest is O'Reiley's and then Wal-Mart. Stop the evil chain stores now! :ride:

I suppose some dude might be selling ScamSoil from his garage locally but I'm not interested. ?

if you will read up on walmart you will never shop there again they are very shady. if you spend a few more dollars at pep boys or auto zone though they are not local your money stays in your local economy

if you will read up on walmart you will never shop there again they are very shady. if you spend a few more dollars at pep boys or auto zone though they are not local your money stays in your local economy

?

How exactly would my money stay local if both Pep Boys and Autozone aren't local?

Lots of colloquial hate against WalMart out there. That company has responded to a need and the worldwide consumer rewards them. If they didn't provide a need, nobody would shop there. :ride:

napa stores in most areas are owned by a local-ish franchisee. I almost bought one a few years back.

Autozone, pep and advance auto are not.

I order my 2 stroke oil online (Ipone is hard to find in a store)

I have yamalube semi-synth I get in the gallon sizes from the local moto dealer for all my bikes. Napa had some moto oil that was priced DOUBLE what the moto dealer had it for.

Just curious why you run such a thick oil?? Is that what the manufacturer recommends or is that what you just decide to run?

Also I'm not 100% sure, but I read before on rotellas web site, that synthetic rotella was only around 5-10% synthetic, rest dino oil...

I still run rotella, supertech, or mobile clean 5000 in all my vehicles lol... Lately been running super tech a lot, $9.50 for 5 quart jug can't beat it! lol

hehe I'll still shop there no matter what I read.. Too easy/cheap to go pickup 3 rolls of paper towels for $1.60, 5 quarts of oil for $9.50, and oil filter (sport bike/car) for $2.50 lol

I didn't know you could run automotive oil in a wet clutch motorcycle set up. I thought there were extra friction modifiers in the 4 stroke wet clutch oil? fill me in, I hate paying for oil at the motorcycle dealer price.

it's the oposite kinda, you cant run friction modifiers like too much molly or zinc? or your clutch will slip, most of those "increased mileage" oils are not wet clutch safe

the shell rotella syn t6 now carry's the motorcycle wet clutch spec, same as the old oil, but now it has the spec on the label and they did change the sheering blend a little