Sign in to follow this  

ODI Lock-ons - CR80 and CR125 Throttle tube the same?

I'd like to try to run the ODI Lock-On grips but they don't list a kit for the CR80/85. They do list a kit for CR125 and I was wondering if anyone verified that they will or won't work with a CR80 throttle cable. I use Lock-On's for my MTB's and I'll never go back to regular grips for those. Love to run 'em on the CR/XR conversion bike. I tried doing a search on this forum but didn't find anything. Here's the grips I wanted to run:

http://www.odigrips.com/mxlock-onhonktmgasgas2-stroke.aspx

Seems to me that grips are designed to fit 7/8" diameter bars so they should fit. However I see in the picture that the throttle side includes a throttle tube so the fit issue may be compatibility of their throttle tube and the bike's throttle system.

Just curious why you need "quick change" grips because I also have "quick change" grips with out the complexity and expense of a special system, plus a greater selection of grip styles. I use standard grips and use compressed air to blow then off, and 3M spray contact adhesive to install the new ones; fast, easy, and simple. If I don't have air available I use an utility knife to cut off the old grips.