Sign in to follow this  

LOL, wish me luck!

Pretty new to riding and entering in my first hare scramble tomorrow morning. I had a 4t for a few months and could ride it pretty good but now I have a 2t KTM that I just bought and will be racing it tomorrow. The kicker....never really ridden a 2t bike before and haven't even ridden this particular bike yet since I bought it! Should be fun to see what it looks like when I'm done. Gonna be awesome.

Pretty new to riding and entering in my first hare scramble tomorrow morning. I had a 4t for a few months and could ride it pretty good but now I have a 2t KTM that I just bought and will be racing it tomorrow. The kicker....never really ridden a 2t bike before and haven't even ridden this particular bike yet since I bought it! Should be fun to see what it looks like when I'm done. Gonna be awesome.

Haha good luck, probably should have rode the bike a little to get used to it :thumbsup:

Haha good luck, probably should have rode the bike a little to get used to it :thumbsup:

That's what practice laps are for! No, nut seriously, I plan on taking it real easy. Not really looking at it as a "race". Just trying to gain some experience.

Well, I finished with no broken bones or bike parts. The track was 5 miles of the slickest, slimiest mud I have ever seen. Wasn't even fun to ride in it was so bad. The ground is still frozen here but it warmed up to about 45 yesterday and all the frost started to melt which caused the course to be like ice with oil on it. Not sure how I finished because the results have not been posted yet. I don't really care though, I was just out to have fun and finish the race. Looking forward to riding more harescrambles.

Update......I ended up taking 15th place out of 25 bikes. Not bad considering the conditions and the fact that it was my first time ever on a 2-stroke. I should have ridden in the C-vet class, I would have taken 9th place. Lol, either way I had a great time and that's what it's all about (for me).

Ya didn't say how ya like the 2t vs the 4t though? :thumbsup:

Absolutely LOVE it. Much more fun to ride than the 4t. I was kinda worried but I am glad I made the switch. I just didn't post how much I liked it because this is a "thumper" forum. 2t FTW!!! :ride:

this might be a stupid question but ..... What is a hare scramble?

In a nut shell - they are woods races normally 2ish hours in length, course length 5-20 miles, do as many laps as you can do before you run out of time.

Absolutely LOVE it. Much more fun to ride than the 4t. I was kinda worried but I am glad I made the switch. I just didn't post how much I liked it because this is a "thumper" forum. 2t FTW!!! :ride:

I'm much faster on my 450. More torque makes up for more mistakes, and my suspension is better. However...my 2t never fails to put a shiiit-eatin grin across my face. It's just more fun in lots of ways. After having both, they are like children...I couldn't get rid of one of them.

I guess if I'm pickin a hooligan ride, the 2t is the bike...if I'm going on a longer ride, I pick the 4t.

I'd sure like a new one like yours though :thumbsup:

:lol:

I'm much faster on my 450. More torque makes up for more mistakes, and my suspension is better. However...my 2t never fails to put a shiiit-eatin grin across my face. It's just more fun in lots of ways. After having both, they are like children...I couldn't get rid of one of them.

I guess if I'm pickin a hooligan ride, the 2t is the bike...if I'm going on a longer ride, I pick the 4t.

I'd sure like a new one like yours though :thumbsup:

:ride:

I agree with you, a 450 4t would be ideal. It really just boils down to the fact that we all need 2 bikes!

Im sure that all depends on the terrain...

You're right, if it requires a lot of 'horsin' the bike around, the 2t is the better steed. I prefer the 2t in the dunes too. Honestly, how fast I go has very little to do with the bike. I ride all my bikes about the same speed...as fast as I can without crashing. I can ride my mini's tapped thru the tight woods...I ride my 450 thru the same woods at about the same speed...but it's sure not tapped. The 250 2t or the 250 4t, or any of my bikes all will deliver about the same overall time, it's more about energy output and bike punishment. My little 1981 KM100 is really fast, has very little suspension, but with a lotta effort on my part, I can carry about the same speed as any of my bikes...not for very long though.

:thumbsup:

A local track runs a "mud and snow scramble" just for fun. Its not sanctioned by any riding club or other organization, just some winter fun. Back in January there was one warm weekend (upper 30s) and some rain which melted the snow cover, and they were having the mud and snow scramble on a Sunday. The day before I went out for a ride to get ready, and it was just as you described. Frozen ground with a layer of greasy mud on top. I had fun riding, but not enough to make me want to do the mud/snow scramble the next day. I also broke a clutch lever and dented my header.