Sign in to follow this  

Wide tire vs. Narrow tire

I got a maxis rear and the thing is skinny as hell. What is the diff. It seems like it would spin or lose traction faster. Someone let me know whats up.:thumbsup:

thats the stock tire size so maybe it just looks skinny because it has alot of tread on it since its new.

I switched from the stock 100/100-18 to a 110/100-18 best choice I ever made. The bike hooks up so much better

I switched to a 110/100-18 also and experienced the same. I won't be going back to the stock size.

skiny tires are better for cornering but a 100 is alittle to skinny, i ride a 110 on my 450 and love it

I just went back to 100/100 after running 110's for about three years. The bike feels way more nimble. I also went back to Kenda Carlsbad (Int direction) after using Maxxis for way too long. Not that there's anything wrong with Maxxis, they just don't work for me on my bike. Anyway, the smaller tire feels lighter and quicker in tight twisty stuff. Sucks in the sand, but it's still just a 250, so that's most of the problem.

I run a maxis 100/100 18.. it is skinny when new. Rode it for a week it seems to spread out a bit...Looks normal now..However I am almost ready for another one.