Sign in to follow this  

weird oil color...

changed my oil today. was a weird light light brown color, but with different shades of dark brown also. not black at all. real milky. ***?

just got it out of the shop from winter, the engine was warmed up alittle bit in the shop, on the stand and wasn't ridden at all.

so my theory i think i changed the oil probably right before my last ride in fall so the oil is like brand new....so it looks like it? maybe ya?

or something much worse that im sure someone will fill me in on. thanks

its most likely condensation alot of our units that are subject to temp. change often get like that and they are never even ridden! drain the oil and ride it for a little if its milky then its coolant in the oil where it might be a head gasket or a waterpump seal

Yep condensation buildup, mostly from the breather tube that brings in fresh air with moisture in it.

If your loosing coolant then it's a problem, but if your coolant level stays the same then you have nothing to worry about.

coolant level is full, put one ride on it and drained it again. its still gold with a dash of whitish brown. is that just because it takes awhile to darken up?