Sign in to follow this  

Offset triple clamps for 2007 WR250f ?

I'd like to try 22mm offset triple clamps on my 2007 WR250f. As far as I can find no-one makes them for the WR, all the kits seem to be YZ specific - except maybe Zip Ty who do a 17mm offset which seems maybe a bit too radical.

From what I gather the triple clamps from YZ 2006-2009 will fit the 07 Wr250f - can anyone confirm that please or does anyone know of a company that makes a 22mm or 22.5mm offset setup for the WR?

If the YZ kits will fit my WR, presumably I could tap into them and make mounting brackets for my headlight and speedo. Has anyone tried fitting YZ offset clamps and mounting up speedo and headlight ?

Hoping to find someone who has done it or can offer some advice !

Thanks,

Dave.

I'm looking for a setup too. I'll keep an eye on this post. Do you happen to know what the stock offset is on the 07. Curious as to why you are looking to change, in my case I am having fits with the bike in sand, bike wanders around like a drunk on Saturday night. I've tried lowering the forks in the clamps, and dropping the rear a bit to get a little more rake, but still not as comfortable as my 05 WR450.

anything from a 2006 yz will fit..im running 06 yz triple clamps on my 09 wr and they fit perfect you just dont run the aluminum spacer on top of the upper bearing

I'm looking for a setup too. I'll keep an eye on this post. Do you happen to know what the stock offset is on the 07. Curious as to why you are looking to change, in my case I am having fits with the bike in sand, bike wanders around like a drunk on Saturday night. I've tried lowering the forks in the clamps, and dropping the rear a bit to get a little more rake, but still not as comfortable as my 05 WR450.

Stock offset is 25mm. Just looking to get the front feeling a little more planted. Seems any of the aftermarket triple clamps for a YZ 06-09 will fit the WR, just no brackets for headlight or speedo assemply. Far as I can gather no-one makes offset triple clamps specifically for the WRs , but I would think shouldn't be too hard to get a YZ designed set and make up some brackets. Anyone done this ?

Anyway current plan is to get a Ride Engineering 22mm offset triple clamp for late model YZ and make up some brackets for headlight and speedo assembly.

from previous post iv'e read about running the later sss forks on the WR, the discussion revolves around the clamps, as it seems the 2007 and up clamps are spaced further apart?

what is the offset of the WR clamps and the 2005/2006 YZF clamps?

what about using the REKLUSE adjustable front axle?

scott

from previous post iv'e read about running the later sss forks on the WR, the discussion revolves around the clamps, as it seems the 2007 and up clamps are spaced further apart?

what is the offset of the WR clamps and the 2005/2006 YZF clamps?

what about using the REKLUSE adjustable front axle?

scott

I considered the rekluse axle but didn't see how it could work with the WR speedo.