my 2010, opinions??

well ive almost finished my 2010 project, and starting to really mould to the bike now, heres my list of mods, i run my own mx tech buisness so its my race and promo bike

2010 CRF 250R

SM Pro custom black / red rims

Talon Red hubs

Stainles heavy duty spokes

FMF powercore slip on silencer

ek gold race chain

afam sprockets

renthal fat bars

TUF racing TB insert

Twin air, air filter

Full custom sticker kit

FX black gripper seat

Kenda K775 rubber

acerbis hand guards

Ive also got sitting at home waiting to be fitted this week

Pro taper ultra thin grips

for bleeders

ride eng 22mm offset tripple clamps

ride eng lowering linkage

alum radiator braces

talon foot pegs

leg stoppers

asv f15 leavers

hammer head rear brake lever

talon gear shifter

various annodized red break caps and bolts

what my questions are is, has any one used the 22mm offset clamps and how did ya like em over the stock 20s? also have u used them with a lowering linkage? or without? also ive got a set of plain black rims with red hubs, wich do u think will look better? ive had many people comment on the rims i have now.

crf.jpg

bike.jpg

bikes really nice bud and youve put some good efforts in there. If your asking for opinions then I dont like the twin colour rims but thats just personal and everyone has different likes and dislikes. makes the world go round etc.

one piece of advice i will give is dont fit the pro bleeders .... they suck air in!!!!

Put those 22mm on and let us know. I have the FC link and am considering trying 22's because I feel the 20mm are affecting some high speed small chop sections in a negative way. I love the way it turns though so I don't want to loose that. Those rims are different which is cool, just not something I would do to mine.

i will be doin the Ohlins TTX for mine so no link or 22's for me as the ohlins takes care of any of that but i will give a full report after i get some time on it. all i know is they made alot of changes for 2010 especially in the forks and if there half as good as my 09's were this is gonna be one dialed bike as it is already awesome

thanks for the feed back guys, how much does the link lower the ass? whats the improvements they give?? also yer i like the rims as they are different and bringing attention to my buisness.

lowers the rear by about 6-8mm. the downside is it changes the leverage ratio of the rising rate and thus allows the suspension to move through its travel too quickly. modding the shock shaft produces the same end result but retains the factory ratios.

below is a post i placed in an earlier thread.

spoke to a suspension guy over here in the uk . this guy talks sense , no bs and i trust his opinions, he put his test rider on two bikes one with and one without the link, he didnt give the rider any info just told him to ride both bikes back to back and see what he thought. the rider said the bike that had the link fitted didnt seem to track properly. it felt like the rear end was using its travel too quickly and packing up under the fender. the susp guy told me that the link lowers the rear which is a positive but because it alters the leverage ratios it then creates other issues. final test was with a shock that had had the shaft 2mm modification and this dropped the back 6mm, thus imitating the balancing effect of the link but retaining the factory leverage ratios.

this was the favourite set up for the test rider. the tester was an ex british top 40 guy who again i know and he is switched on at what does and doesnt work.

interesting, no one else has said that one to me, lots of the fast boys over here swear by the link, and believes it works wonders, regardless i put it in today, it looks about 5mm longer than the stock one, as well as my 22mm offset clamps, so i guess i see how it goes on the track., ill get some new pics of the gear tommorow if the rain dies.

interesting, no one else has said that one to me, lots of the fast boys over here swear by the link, and believes it works wonders, regardless i put it in today, it looks about 5mm longer than the stock one, as well as my 22mm offset clamps, so i guess i see how it goes on the track., ill get some new pics of the gear tommorow if the rain dies.

it will work really well of that i have no doubt as it lowers the rear , but i think it must be fitted with a shock and fork revalve at the same time which would work in harmony with the revised ratios.

fitting it on its own with standard settings has to have some effect as its leverage ratio is increased.

look forward to your report

steve

ive actually got a skid plate here, but ive decided not to fit it, ive never needed one before, so why would i now?

but i cant get out and test the bike as its been raining for 4 days straight here

but heres some new pics

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

That is to keep your legs tucked in close to the bike and also to keep you forward and to reduce strain from your arms.

From people I have spoken to they work quite well apparently.

yeh what sam said! ive never used em before, but im hopeing that they are gunna do exactly what they are supposed to! ive removed the alum rad guards, dont like em! and the linkage, wow it makes the bike feel low as in the ass, hope it does good, feels weired tho. Not that ive track tested it yet, but kinda feels like the ass sags to much now?? but maybe thats cuz i was used to the oppisite before, i should still run the same race sag with the linkage?

yeh what sam said! ive never used em before, but im hopeing that they are gunna do exactly what they are supposed to! ive removed the alum rad guards, dont like em! and the linkage, wow it makes the bike feel low as in the ass, hope it does good, feels weired tho. Not that ive track tested it yet, but kinda feels like the ass sags to much now?? but maybe thats cuz i was used to the oppisite before, i should still run the same race sag with the linkage?

probably feels lower again because youve put the 22mm clamps on and that will "kick" the front end out slightly.

i run 105mm with the standard link

thing is if you reduce the sag now your putting the rear end back to where it was without the link!!!!!!

That is to keep your legs tucked in close to the bike and also to keep you forward and to reduce strain from your arms.

From people I have spoken to they work quite well apparently.

What company makes it? What's it called? Looks like a skateboard wheel bolted to it, how is that supposed to keep your legs tucked? Just a little bump to rest your boot against? I still don't get it???

Edited by susco64

I got the ride engineering lowering link. I also got a re-valve front n back by mx tech its night and day difference.

Is the slip-on muffler worth getting?? i've never got one i've seen all my friends bend the shit out of em.

yes and no..... for me it improved bottom, and i use the bottom alot

also did the bike track better or worse with the link? what did it do to ur steering / turning tight etc?

also what ur saying if u just run 115mm sag on the rear, it will pretty much do what the lowering link is doing any ways?? and u say the 22mm clamps will make it sit lower? ive pulled them 5mm up in the clamp, it doesnt feel like the front is lower just the ass.