Sign in to follow this  

Another happy 215VM2K5 customer

I've done 3 rides and 12 hrs on my 06 KX450F since putting 215VM2K5 fluid in forks and shock. The stuff works great for me. Extremely happy.

Before: Both ends were revalved in the past, and when freshly serviced with silkolene oil the performance was pretty good. Much better than stock - which was woeful. After the revalving, the forks would still bottom a bit harshly and still had significant chatter in the mid stroke. About 50% of the time I suffered some forearm pump when I'd initially get on the bike. When the old suspension oil got tired at about 30 hrs, things rapidly became difficult on both ends. The shock in particular became very unpredictable.

After: 3 rides and no arm pump yet. Forks super smooth the whole way thru. For just a fluid swap the smoothness gained is quite freaky. I've not bottomed yet on hits which would have in the past. The shock just behaves. I can hit woops now which I dare not attempt in the past. Needed to go 3 clicks slower on the fork comp, and 2 clicks faster on the fork rebound. Shock settings feel best where I always had them. When stationary, noticeably less stiction in both ends.

http://www.smartperformanceinc.com/215VM2K5.html

Thank you Dave.

Edited by numroe
clarity

I've now done 58 hrs on my suspension with this fluid in there. Performance still feels 100% fresh. In forks or shock, there is absolutely no way could I have gone this long on the previous silkolene suspension fluid!

With the ride time, I've dialed in on some great settings for target tracks. The shock just works. The forks are amazing. Arm pump is so rare these days, even if I go a bit fast on my initial warm up. :thumbsup:

hello I would like to know the price of miracle occurs and where it is available thank you very much

What ever happened to Dave J and smart performance?

he was very active on here for a while now you never see him, the SP website is not working and the ebay site also has bugger all.

I too am trying to find out where I can by this Space Ship lube (215VM2K5). Or an alternative since it looks like the fad might be over.

I too am trying to find out where I can by this Space Ship lube (215VM2K5). Or an alternative since it looks like the fad might be over.

I got ahold of Dave through his ebay account (spi-racing) last week to get some magic fluid. He says he is still selling it. I think he is more of a call or text guy rather than email though.

Also, I talked to Dave today and bought some of the fluid.  I let him know people are wondering where to get the stuff and he said he's working on getting the information out there to let people know where to find it.  Super nice guy and very professional over the phone.  Call or text him at 408-406-2089.  I left a text and he got back to me in a half hour.  It just seems like his online presence is less than it used to be.

I have a bunch of this crap still.  If someone wants to pay the shipping and get it out of my garage it's theirs.  I'll check and see how much I have.

The fluid has improved since you purchased it GHILL28.

I also have some of the older stuff but will just recycle it as I want to supply the best available product to my customers.

We just won the Score Baja overall championship 2014. After the Baja 1000 the fluid that came out of the forks looked absolutely new. No wear visible at all. When I service suspension I clean everything far beyond most and that has some to do with it, but there is usually metal debris at the bottom of the fork leg. There was none.

I actually took a picture but site would not let me upload it.

• Like 1

I should qualify my last statement.

One fork the fluid was trashed due to seal leakage. The fluid in this fork was dirty both inner and outer chamber. The other fork was showing some color in the outer chamber but the inner chamber was as new. Seems the fork seals are going to ingest some debris regardless in a 1240 mile race. Still impressive results though.

The shock fluid was showing some color but was again was in really good condition. The amazing part of that is one of the team members thinking he was Helping? nearly closed the compression circuit for a large part of the race creating more heat in the shock and likely contributing to a get off or two.

Still hard to compare because other fluids are trashed in a few hours with a pro level rider.

The fluid has improved since you purchased it GHILL28.

The fluid may have, but I doubt SPI has.  :rolleyes:

We just won the Score Baja overall championship 2014.

What team?

Ghill28 we are aware that you have palpable animosity towards SPI both in  our phone conversation last season in addition to this response.

I do not want to get involved.

Overall Championship all motorcycles that raced the Score series.

We ran the 40 class being 40yrs and older pro class and with this class we won the "overall" championship by 1 point.

If you need additional info you can find it on the Score site I am sure.

Ghill28 we are aware that you have palpable animosity towards SPI both in  our phone conversation last season in addition to this response.

I do not want to get involved.

Overall Championship all motorcycles that raced the Score series.

We ran the 40 class being 40yrs and older pro class and with this class we won the "overall" championship by 1 point.

If you need additional info you can find it on the Score site I am sure.

My point was that I have no interest in trying any more of their products even if there were improvements like you mentioned.  I just have older product to get rid of.  No need to be involved in that poo-flinging.

I have a bunch of this crap still. If someone wants to pay the shipping and get it out of my garage it's theirs. I'll check and see how much I have.

I'd take you up on this and pay shipping and your troubles. I've been needing to change my bushings but putting it off since no fork seal leaks. Is it the SPI-3 variety by chance?

I think another member has dibs on these who is already buying some fork springs from me, so I'll give him priority since it's all going to the same place.  I'll let you know if they fall through.

My point was that I have no interest in trying any more of their products even if there were improvements like you mentioned.  I just have older product to get rid of.  No need to be involved in that poo-flinging.

Hell, ill fling some poo; still not seeing any spi riders in c class or better at norcal mx events. Considering the last exchange i had with him. I believe it was over a thread dealing with ax. Well, we won some races, and qualified at some bigger ones. Still no spi riders on those gates. So, being that hill unfortunately delt with him on a business level, i can only imagine how frustrated he is. He has more restraint than i do. Lol. I feel bad for those people he left high n' dry on this forum.