Sign in to follow this  

Size 12 boots...how do you shift??

I got my riding boots on Friday and took the bike out yesterday, I had no idea how awkward this was going to feel. I lost all the feel from the shifter i had before as in if i click it i can't feel it and is soo very uncomfortable because when i stick my foot under the shifter my leg is bent in an awkward position. Is there any shifter levers that extend further out forward??

I went out yesterday in low 40 degree weather with light rain and it was a nightmare, i couldn’t get the bike in gear right, had the same problem with the back brake, and had to dig the bike out of mud that resulted in throwing out my bike so i been laying down for the last 24 hours because i can't walk with out excruciating pain, not to mention I went down at the top of first gear and broke my number plate aghhh!

Motocross boots require an extensive break in process. You will get used to the feel of wearing them, and you will be able to shift and brake just fine. You'll have to go through this every time you get a new pair of boots...

I got my riding boots on Friday and took the bike out yesterday, I had no idea how awkward this was going to feel. I lost all the feel from the shifter i had before as in if i click it i can't feel it and is soo very uncomfortable because when i stick my foot under the shifter my leg is bent in an awkward position. Is there any shifter levers that extend further out forward??

I went out yesterday in low 40 degree weather with light rain and it was a nightmare, i couldn’t get the bike in gear right, had the same problem with the back brake, and had to dig the bike out of mud that resulted in throwing out my bike so i been laying down for the last 24 hours because i can't walk with out excruciating pain, not to mention I went down at the top of first gear and broke my number plate aghhh!

Certain types of motocross/riding boots require an extensive break-in period; just like the other poster stated. Not all of them do. A couple of examples of motocross/riding boots that require very little break-in are the Gaerne GX-1 and the Alpinestars Tech10. However, in answer to your question, there is a company that offers an extended shifter which is also adjustable. Hammerhead Designs, Inc. Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.hdmoto.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=54

I also wear a size 12 boot and I have a steel shift lever on my bike. I simply cut the shifter in half and extended it an inch with a piece of scrap metal I had lying around. The boot is very important for me to, I like the tech 6's but that's all I can afford.

I wear a size 11 boot and I use to have a similar problem, but after awhile I got used to it and it became easier. Like the others said, they just need broken in a little bit.

Running a 13 here. No problems. :thumbsup:

same with me i wear size 13 shift combat boots and didnt really have a problem, after a few rides they were broken in and i was used to them

i wear a size 13. once you get used to it and break your boots in, its second nature. now, if i ride without boots i have a hard time shifting because i'm used to the way i shift when i ride with my boots on.

thanks for the help guys, this answers all my questions. I guess i need to put a few more hours on this boots.

Running a 13 here. No problems. :thumbsup:

same here, im 13 years old and wearing size 13 boots, i have no problems at all. Maybe he didnt break in his boots.