The best skid plate ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got a Tonn's last week and put it on my 2004 California E....unbelievable craftsmanship....all the bolts that attach it to the frame are protected...have to see it to understand....haven't noticed any increase in noise, but then again my hearing ain't what it used to be....?:worthy::ride:

Just installed the TT skidplate this weekend. Haven't had a chance to try it out on the trail yet, but the fit and finish was perfect. It bolted right up with zero issues and did not interfere with my Muzzy exhaust. Plenty of clearance. It's the perfect compliment to the TT side case covers.?

if you guys do any rock riding off road with the tt skid plate, make sure to replace the allen bolts right away other wise you will mushroom the heads and unable to remove with allen. I have a big dent in the bottom of my TT plate but its still going strong.

I ordered the tonns plate, worth every penny!! I mean 107 dollars for complete protection? My buddy busted his carbon fiber plate in half and all I could do was laugh and say "told ya so"! A lot of people will mock the thick heavy plates aka shovels, but I love my tonns, its an easy and direct bolt on, I think the quarter inch model might be a little overkill, I have the 3/16", tonnsfabrication.com It definitely gets my vote

here ya go...take from my Farkles thread:

The Tonn's skid plate:

( the shifter, an MSR 1" over....might have to go..it's really close to the edge of the skidplate) But the skid plate is a monster of beauty, isn't it.

farkle5.jpg

farkle6.jpg

farkle7.jpg

farkle8.jpg

farkle9.jpg