Sign in to follow this  

WR starter

Unfortunately, it looks like the starter in my 2007 WR250F is on its way out. I have to hold the the start button and smack the starter with the handle of a screw driver for it to work. My question is, is there a good sized selection of aftermarket starters? If so, where can I find them? Thanks

before go that far and but a replacement starter

lookin in my 06 book check the armmeture for contanination

the brushes are replaceable

plus more things you can do

pages 7-13 to 7-16

PETE

Just about any electrical 'rewind' company can refurbish and renew it. (Not sure what the industrial term is in the US)

Jim please share your contact for starter rewind in UK i have tried in vain to find anyone which will touch a mini WR starter armature

Jim please share your contact for starter rewind in UK i have tried in vain to find anyone which will touch a mini WR starter armature

John, I live up North, there are a few rewind companies who will do one as a guvvie job. The one nearest me is Jeffersons Electrical and Rewind. Best bet is to get on YELL.com and ring a few local to yourself. I think is dependant on how busy they are and if they are adventurous or feeling boring.

when the brushes wear down, the spring behind them does not push as hard on them against the commutator. That's why a smack with a screwdriver will make it engage. The brush set only costs about $12.00. That and about an hour will fix your issue.

my 08 wr250f starter stopped working

I took it apart and found a crimp on one of the wires inside was loose

crimped it back with a pair of pliers and it's worked since

take a look inside......