Sign in to follow this  

Son on his LEM 50 Gopro HD.

cool vid.

But from the sound of it breaking up and sputtering, you're due a stator or rings. My daughter ran a Husky 50 last year with the S6C motor in it and it did the same thing. New stator and topend and it ripped, never sputtered once. I'm guessing the stator. they're bad for it. Especially when the crank bearings wear. It eats the rotor.

the clutch is on the opposite side. you shouldn't have to deal with it. Unless you're doing the whole motor

Nice ! I agree something doesn't sound right with the Lem'er. I'd bet if you called John Wilson and he heard your video he'd know exactly how to fix it. The guy has a gift for these little rippers.

Pipe might need repacking too :thumbsup:

Dang you guys are killing me lol!! I need to get my son on the KX 65 asap..

I hope you didn't take our advice as bashing. I think all we were trying to do is help you dial your bike in. As fast as he was riding, he could be faster with the bike running right. It's not your fault man we are just trying to help :thumbsup:

Well the rod has a little play in it so I contacted BOB at BC racing $165 is the damage. Now thats with a two rings piston,new bearing,seals,etc. So it looks like my baby boy is gonna have to race the PW 80 for MX this weekend kinda bummed got the R3 suspension all setup on his bike now.

Bob at BC Racing helped us out alot with our LEM. The little 50's seem to wear out crank bearings more than bigger bikes, I guess it's because they are run at high RPM so much. The good think is it's pretty easy to split the cases on them. We raced a LEM in H/S (45 min. races) for 2 years and never replaced a stator, but the single ring wears pretty fast. Once they get below 100psi it's time for a new one. Have Bob set you up with the correct carb slide and needle, the bike will rip! I miss that little bike, we called it the Silver Bullet!

Here's a link to the LEM forum http://www.peeweepower.com/lemforum/list.php?f=1

I have heard it's not worth the extra cost. The Niachi (not sure on spelling)

is a very good bearing. You could ask Bob @ BC racing about them.

The stock air filter likes to split at the seams, I use to hot glue the seam after

filter cleaning, some guy's used super glue too.