Sign in to follow this  

DRZ - MX track

It should be. Its not a MX bike but moderate sized jumps are usually no problem. It depends on how big of a jump your taking and how your suspension is set up.

If you are 220 lbs with stock suspension trying to hit the triples, you will have a really bad day....

Frame will not break on you. With proper springs and suspension valving it will be fine. Its just so heavy for that kind of duty.

No your frame will not snap, all I ride is MX style tracks, 40' gaps are the max I've done on my DRZ400S. Your frame won't snap, but sometimes it will feel that way. If you have stock suspension forget about it, you will bottom out on everything. Stiffer springs should do the trick.

with multiple large jumps and such is there any reason to worry about the fork seals blowing out ?with that type of abuse or would it be the same with any bike you put on a track?

I bought my 05 S new and ride jumps/MX all the time, stock fork seals, 100% perfect. I've never had any problems with my bike at all.

I bought my 05 S new and ride jumps/MX all the time, stock fork seals, 100% perfect. I've never had any problems with my bike at all.

What tyre pressures do you run?

i rode an mx track with me drz-400e and wont be doing so again. It was just while my rmz450 was being rebuilt. I weigh 180lbs and stopped after one lap. I couldnt do the double doubles, triples were out of the question. Stock suspension.

tire pressure has nothing to do with bottoming the suspension out. Im a pretty agressive rider and the track that i was at was pretty tough.

Etinne and I rode an enduro then MX track yesterday, both his E and my SM with 17" knobblies on did just fine

Etinne and I rode an enduro then MX track yesterday, both his E and my SM with 17" knobblies on did just fine

:thumbsup:

I'd like to go higher though! :ride: