06 fork spring change

OK looking for some piece of mind here whether I did this right or not. First timer at changing fork springs, so I removed fork cap and inner cartridge, removed stock spring, put in new spring, put the inner cartridge back in and new oil in the outer cartridge (350ml). Followed instruction per manual and I did not take the inner cartridge apart, so the oil should that was in the inner cartridge should still be there right? I should not have to add oil to the inner? Don't know if I'm using the correct terms or not but the inner cartridge to me is the fork cap assembly with the damping rod and there's a small spring in there.

Thanks for the help.

you should be alright. as long as you kept the inners upright when they were out i doubt anything woudl escape the bleeder holes. If any got out it will be a small amount. The way to test to make sure they aer still good is to take the inner cartridge out and put the dampning rod on the ground. push the inner cartridge down, and it should bring itself back to uncompressed. If they stay compressed you have air in there. hope this helps.

I thought the bleeder holes on the cartridge was to bleed off excess oil when you change the oil in the cartridge. If you didn't open the cartridge, I think it is ok.
If you didn't open the cartridge and drain then the oil is still in it. I would have changed that oil too......

Nope didn't open the cartridge just pulled the whole thing out put in new bottom spring and oil and closed her up. I didn't change the oil in the cartridge cause its a brand new 06, never even had gas in the tank, just springing it for my weight.

So that makes me OK if I didn't open the cartridge then, right?

Yeah, you are supposed to put a few hours on the bike before swapping springs I thought..... Cool, Congrats on the new bike!

Yeah, but with this winter not wanting to end, I gotta to something to make me feel good.

OK, got to thinking again, I did not take apart the inner cartridge but I did leave it set upside down for a fair amount of time (15min). As long as i didnt open them the oil is still in there, right? There is a small top hole on the side of the inner cartridge could some oil have come out of there during the time I had em upside down? The more I type, the more I think I should take em back apart, remove the inner, take the inner apart, drain everything and start over that way.

Your thoughts?