Sign in to follow this  

new toy

We need to start a mototractor thread!:thumbsup: I have a 48 Ford that stays at the track, nothing like a freshly groomed track.:ride:

We need to start a mototractor thread!:thumbsup: I have a 48 Ford that stays at the track, nothing like a freshly groomed track.:ride:

my friend who i ride with alot, also owns a tractor... we have decided now since we both have tractors, when it is too cold/bad to go ride, we can set up and have our own tractor pulls !!!!!

(insert wifes are thrilled here )

back when ford built a decent tractor, nice find :thumbsup:

:ride: I'm about to buy a pristine 7700 Ford!

I see someone swapped it over to 12V....did the use a resistor before the coil to step down the voltage to 6V or swap over to a 12v coil?

One of the best 'mods' you can do to those old tractors is put a 12V coil in, and ditch the points for electronic ignition. MUCH easier, cleaner, quicker starts, and less plug fouling (very important as they get older and the engines get more wear on them).

I see someone swapped it over to 12V....did the use a resistor before the coil to step down the voltage to 6V or swap over to a 12v coil?

One of the best 'mods' you can do to those old tractors is put a 12V coil in, and ditch the points for electronic ignition. MUCH easier, cleaner, quicker starts, and less plug fouling (very important as they get older and the engines get more wear on them).

there are a pair of ballast resistors under the gauge package, so i am pretty sure the coil is still 6v.. i will look into the electronic ign.. i think that would be great.. she runs like a champ right now, but i would not miss points at all..

there are a pair of ballast resistors under the gauge package, so i am pretty sure the coil is still 6v.. i will look into the electronic ign.. i think that would be great.. she runs like a champ right now, but i would not miss points at all..

If they're in the ignition circuit, they could very well be for it. Then again, they could be there for the lights if they didn't convert them to 12V. I've seen that done, but still can't fathom the logic in it....12V lights are always brighter and crisper light, and really easy to change out. Easier than installing a resistor.

• Like 1

If they're in the ignition circuit, they could very well be for it. Then again, they could be there for the lights if they didn't convert them to 12V. I've seen that done, but still can't fathom the logic in it....12V lights are always brighter and crisper light, and really easy to change out. Easier than installing a resistor.

no lights at all.. and they appear to be in the ignition circuit....

had it out tonight playing around on it...cool old tractor....

Nice tractor!!

Hey man get that thing over to the river and cut us a cool track...:thumbsup:

thanks dude..... it would be too wide for us .... you need to get on it and feel it ride a wheelie.... not on purpose..... played on it last night for about an hour....

we are going saturday and taking a newby......