Sign in to follow this  

9r rm 250, back to stock reed boot after ditching v force 3.

Should this stock reed block have petal stopers on it?? the metal wings that bolt on over the reed petals??

BmESKMmkKGrHqMH-C8EtsBYU7FBLeOBZyG_.jpg

I have never had anything other than the v force reeds on this bike since i have owned it.

Edited by 98rm250_90cr500

Because I switched to to a 98 cylender for one and the bolt pattern is diferant from 97to 98

Secondly I never got the bike to Idle correctly with the v force on no matter how i jetted it, it had great throttle responce and worked great at the track where idle wasn't an issue but now that I am riding Cross country i need it to idle in tight woods.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correct, the Boyesen came with matal bars that went across the base to hold the ends of the reeds. I think I remember that on someones bike I worked on with those reeds. Maybe it was something he rigged up?

If that is boysen reeds you dont use the metal stop with them, If there stockers you need the metal stop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correct, the Boyesen came with matal bars that went across the base to hold the ends of the reeds. I think I remember that on someones bike I worked on with those reeds. Maybe it was something he rigged up?

depending on the year the v force valve has either a plastic or metal keeper to hold the petals on the stock valve uses screws to hold i am installing new power reads so i guess i wont need the stopers :thumbsup: