Sign in to follow this  

230 Silencer?

I want my bike to a bit louder without taking the baffle out. I heard there is a silencer I can take out without messing the bike up without rejetting it?

There's a removable baffle that slides into the spark arrestor. You should really re-jet. Most likely the bike will run without re-jetting, but you'll have off-idle bog, popping noises, and the engine will run way hot, which isn't good for it. When I was a noob I tried to pull this crap just to make the bike louder, and it didn't turn out so well. It made the thing hard to start, it couldn't idle for crap, and it would bog and pop all the time. My trail tech computer usually said it was at 350 degrees before removing the baffle, but my first ride after removing the baffle it was hitting 430 according to the trail tech! I re-jet the thing, and it ran sooooo perfectly with a big gain in power and now only gets to about 310 degrees on the trail tech. Because of my experience, I recommend removing or drilling the exhaust baffle, removing the airbox "snorkel", and re-jetting. Also, I got tired of the increased noise after the first ride, and I wish it was quieter again, but I sold my baffle :ride:

You should try a search. There's tons of threads about baffle removal and re-jetting. You'll be swimming in information!:thumbsup: