Sign in to follow this  

kx100 winter project!

Just got some new graphics from fusion graphics. They seem like they are really good quality. I also just put on some new renthal bars, moose hand guards, and fmf fatty and shorty. Now if the weather would just warm up. The bike is a 2001 kx100. Let me know what you think and what else could be done. Thanks in advance. (the pictures dont give the color of the graphics justice, but the graphics are a kx green and a light blue)

this is a before shot...

100_1083.jpg

and this is after....

100_1135.jpg

100_1133.jpg

100_1130.jpg

100_1127.jpg

100_1126.jpg

100_1132.jpg

Looks great! Now go and use that thing!!:ride:

Agreed. Sweet looking machine. I think it needs some wear marks on the frame. j/k:smirk:

Nice work. :thumbsup:

Sorry, stinks, hate it! Just kidding. I'm waiting on my supermini to be built so I'm jealous.

• Like 1

Awesome bike, I had an 04 kx 100 that was modded out. Get some frame guards on that thing or as soon as you ride it that shiny paint will be gone!

• Like 1

Sure looks pristine for a 2001. I'm in Ohio and I'm chomping at the bit for the snow to melt too.

thanks everyone for the comments! I'm really wanting to get the frame powder coated black or gray if i could just find someone around here to do it. Also a new back tire would be nice.

Sure looks pristine for a 2001. I'm in Ohio and I'm chomping at the bit for the snow to melt too.

When i got got it last summer it was practically brand new. I bought it off a guy that rode it about 2 times then let it set in the garage.

Also, one more thing... how would you all suggest getting that swing arm sticker off? I have tried everything and it just comes off in little tiny pieces.

Also, one more thing... how would you all suggest getting that swing arm sticker off? I have tried everything and it just comes off in little tiny pieces.

heat it up and it should peel off easier. :thumbsup:

I use a spray that is just for that. You can find it @ parts stores. Smells, so do it outside. You can try a hair dryer too.

I use a spray that is just for that. You can find it @ parts stores. Smells, so do it outside. You can try a hair dryer too.

thanks i will try that. :thumbsup:

If you have a heat gun or hair dryer hold oit over it going back and fourth. It will get the metal warm and then use a razor blade to pick the edge up, then once you have a good size amount of it pulled up use the heat gun to keep the metal warm and it will pull off really easy.

mate pour some diesel on it and use a knife thats what i used on my kx 100

use a razor blade and a heat gun. heat up the metal then use the blade to peel an edge up, then keep the heat gun on it to pull it right off.

Really, REALLY nice bike. That is super clean and you should be proud on how well you have taken care of it. If you powder coat frame, think about the wheels also. Nice.

heat it up and it should peel off easier. :thumbsup:

Agree 100% I had trouble taking one side of a KX65 off so I heated the other side with a blow dryer and it came right off. Also WD40 works great for getting any left over glue off.

Peel it off then get some Goo-gone from anywhere, parts stores, wally-world, dollar general, whereever. Yes, WD-40 works great too to remove the adhesive. Spray either of them on, rub in with your fingers, wipe off. it may take 2 or more applications but it comes off cleanly.