Sign in to follow this  

New thread: What´s your best improvement?

Hi guys! Thought it would be intresting to hear what you guys see as the best thing you have done to your 2-stroker. This also gives everyone else good tips of how to make our Huskys even better! Say what you have done, how it has improved the bike, where you got it and also how you rate it on a scale 1-10.

Johnny:sweden:

I bought a Rekluse clutch with my Husky bucks. At first i did not like it but after getting used to it i would not rider without one. Much easier to ride, and the bike never stalls.

Dave A

I second Dave A- haven't put one in my WR but have one in my TE310. One's going in the WR as soon as I have more $$. If I don't do the clutch soon, my best improvement would be lengthening the clutch actuating arm for less effort. Did it to my '85 WR and it made a big difference. Cut your clutch actuator arm in 1/2 and add about 1/4 to 3/8" extension and weld it all back together.

Biggest other mod is get your suspension revalved for your terrain and correct springs for your weight. One other thing I did was to use shock oil (2.5 wt) in the forks. For eastern riding it allows you to lower the range of adjustment for very rocky conditions without having to revalve.

-Changing the for oil to 5w and going up to .44 springs in the front

-Getting the jetting right so it feels smooth with no hit and helping the bottom end so you can lug it

-Good tires, running Dunlop MX51's right now, very good tires !

-Raising the bars and a steering dampner

I use my WR250 for MX. Bill's Motorcycles sold it to me with a CR ignition installed. Very responsive but manageable.

Then I had LTRacing re-valve front and back suspension on my WR 250 for MX. MAJOR improvement to the Shivers. Harshness all gone. Now they are smooth and predictable and work well for MX. I believe he increased the spring rate, changed the valving and he uses 7.5 weight. I believe that suspension is the best investment you can make on a bike.

- Bono

Went on a diet and lost 31lbs. Best Mod ever! 10+

Yep, it's amazing how much better your bike is when you loose weight and are in shape