Sign in to follow this  

Single Track Options Your Input Please

Looking for some input from some more experienced DRZ owners. I have an '07 SM that I picked up in December. Have put a few hundred miles on it and love it on the street. But, the dirt is calling my name.

Options:

1) Pick up a set of S wheels and knobbies for the SM

2) Sell or trade the SM for an S

3) There is a '99 DR 350 SE close by for sale with some decent upgrades at a decent price. Get the 350 and keep the SM.

What to do you guys think? Option 1 & 3 would be about the same price, except for paying for taxes and insurance on another bike. Would I be dissapointed in the 350 after riding the 400?

I would Go with #1 and get the extra set of wheels Just my perspective. It won't be just the wheels you have to change so add a couple more bucks but it won't be to expensive if you can afford it. I like the fact of having the two sets of wheels. I have an "S" model and would love to have the extra set of wheels such as supermoto ones. Going with your first choice is less of a hassle of buying,selling and trading because you can't predict the future but whatever you do, either way you will enjoy riding your bike because it is a drz after all! :thumbsup:

Option 1. I would think the SM with S wheels would be more capable than the DR350. I've had my SM with 17" slicks on it in some really nasty places you wouldn't think you could go.

I'd go with option #1.

I've done option #3 and now I'm on #1. It's not only the taxes and insurance costs of having the second bike. It is also the money and hassle put into maintaining another machine. A bike ridden in the dirt requires much more maintenance than one ridden exclusively on asphalt.