Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Baja Designs Dual-Sport kit - need stock harness wiring config.

Okay all...

I know most of you would be going the opposite direction of this... but, it's Sunday and I need some answers (I'm severely impatient). I am removing a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit, and want to go "bare-bones". No blinkers, and minimal wiring.

So here's my dilemna(s);

... the OEM micro-fische doesn't help me, and I don't have a service-manual for the Xr4hundy. But I need to know what goes where on the stock harness, or what it is in totality (due to me removing most of the BD Harness/assembly).

... I see three leads going to the headset; black/white stripe, blue, green. They've been cut and used for the BajaD kit. Where does the Black go, and the green? ...the blue has a loop end, and was connected to frame ground.

... This kit is made to be used with blinkers, so I'm thinking the leads off the battery are also for blinker power. I'm going to contact BajaD on Monday to see if I can buy replacement parts to eliminate some of these wires. WHY? well, I'd rather not cut up a perfectly good "kit" that I'll be selling to someone who could use it.

... I've removed the Acerbis rear fender mounted tail light and plate holder. It also has blinkers mounted up. In all of it's place, I'll be mounting a very simple DRC "phantom" LED for my stop/running light.

to summarize, the questions are;

- anyone know an online service manual link?

- where do the green and black/white leads connect to at the head tube?

- what's a good price for a BajaD kit, with taillight/blinkers, h-bar switch etc, minus headlight?

Thanks in advance!!

(and I included a picture of the rear Acerbis assembly)

P2273875.jpg

Black and white goes to the kill switch on my bike. Green is the ground and blue is the hot for lights etc.

Black and white goes to the kill switch on my bike. Green is the ground and blue is the hot for lights etc.

Oh no kidding?! I'll have to look further into it... good info, thank you. :thumbsup:

Hey JAT! PM me what you need for that Baja kit. Would you include that 200 wat stator with it?

Hey JAT! PM me what you need for that Baja kit. Would you include that 200 wat stator with it?

PM sent. And no, stator is all mine! LOL (I need it to power my dual HIDs)

Manual :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P42BKNG2

According to the manual I am correct :ride:

Near the end of the manual they have the wiring diagram.

Heading there now!! Gracias!!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Perfect! You guys rock!! ...that was exactly what I needed to make sure all my OEM wiring was where I needed it!

Now, all I need is a different battery from BajaD (less wires, or less blinker wires and such)... or I sell the kit minus the battery. We'll see tomorrow.