Sign in to follow this  

Best $2 grand bike?

i don't have $13 g for a bike but was going to buy a KLX 110L for my son(and me) but was thinking of one of the pit bikes instead? he had a Sikk awhile ago and it was ok?? he has a yz85 now and i race too but we just wanted something to ride in the mini class for fun and something for me to ride with him? KLX L ? Pitbike? or a DRZL or KLX 140 L? Thanks for your input!

we race the SSR 160R ptbikes and they have been awsome. Good handeling and design and quality.

I'd check out the Pitster Pro line. You may want to check out the class rules at you local track in reguard to wheel size and engine size requirements.

Go with what Staggs said or a Medina...if not find a modded KLX

Check out some modded klx's. If not, then T-bolt has always been good to me.

i would look at the pitster pro lxr with either the 160 or 155. they work good and their customer service is awesome. to get a good modded klx to be close to what this bike is would cost alot more. just my $.02

i would look at the pitster pro lxr with either the 160 or 155. they work good and their customer service is awesome. to get a good modded klx to be close to what this bike is would cost alot more. just my $.02

to keep the pitster working properly for a long time it will eventually cost you more than building a klx110..

find a used klx110 thats slightly built.. i had pitster lxr, lesson learned the hard way.. pitster as company sucks also...

i bought a 08 klx for 2,000 shipped late last year.. it had full new style marzocchi front end and extended shock two brothers rear setup, but motor was 100% stock...

get a used KLX110 I picked this 2005 up for 1000 bucks. Came with a Magura hydro clutch, kitacao 143cc big bore kit, KX60 forks, an FMF pipe and oversized pegs. Since then I have added a Two Brothers exhaust, two brothers extended swingarm, and Ishock with remote resi, tall seat, 26mm carb & intake manifold. Im still under 2 grand total investment and it looks like this

a13606b8.jpg