Licensing rumor ?

I was talking to a guy the other day and he told me that the department of parks and rec. are going to start requiring mtn. bikes to have a sticker in order to ride trails. I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this? I hope it's true, it's about time non-motorized users shoulder some of the costs.

Look at it this way...if you ever want to ride a MTB somewhere, YOU have to pay for that TOO!

BoooooHissssss!!!

I'd prefer to do away with ORV registration altogether....Just my opinion. There are other ways to pay for dumpster and bathroom cleanup.

Where there is a will there is a way.

There is more of our money spent on stuff for bicyclist to use in this state then you can even imagine and I think they should pay for it themselfs. Why should most of us pay for something that we will NEVER use? Or do you think it is OK to let them take our money and have a free ride, like they have had forever?

That is the problem with this country now. To many people are standing there with their hand out wanting free money and they do not want to work for it and our:foul:goverment keeps giving it to them. If you keep giving it to them, then they and their kids will grow up and think I do not have to do nothing, but wait for more free money/stuff. These people will never go out and try to get a job, better job or better themselfs because they do not have to. Its free!

ask CA if they ever got their money back? They won their suit, still hasn't been paid back...never will.

Lemme clarify, different situation, different set of rules, but same result...all the money paid by off-roaders reallocated, we got nothing.

One of my favorites rants (sorry) is all levies, licenses, registrations, fee's, tolls, whatever you want to call em, should be called a TAX. Car TAX, boat TAX, cat TAX, dog TAX, bridge crossing TAX, filing TAX, impact TAX, sewer TAX, phone TAX, school TAX... etc etc. This should be law.

ALSO, everyone should have to pay their property TAX every six months by check, none of this take it out of the mortgage payment nonsense. As your hand writes XXX THOUSAND it's a good reminder NOT to vote in any new taxes.

Only then would people really realize how much they really do pay out in taxes.

whew, I feel better now

One of my favorites rants (sorry) is all levies, licenses, registrations, fee's, tolls, whatever you want to call em, should be called a TAX. Car TAX, boat TAX, cat TAX, dog TAX, bridge crossing TAX, filing TAX, impact TAX, sewer TAX, phone TAX, school TAX... etc etc. This should be law.

ALSO, everyone should have to pay their property TAX every six months by check, none of this take it out of the mortgage payment nonsense. As your hand writes XXX THOUSAND it's a good reminder NOT to vote in any new taxes.

Only then would people really realize how much they really do pay out in taxes.

whew, I feel better now

Now THAT, I would vote for! Thanks for that. ?

After posting that I will say the bicycle community has got quite good at spending taxpayer money. Through lobby they have made expensive requirements to suit their purpose. Wider roads with bike lanes, wider shoulders, wider bridges (very expensive), they have forced removal or relocation of miles of those rumble wake-up bumps on the shoulders of the highway (they demand 30 some inches, not an inch less). Wind socks on bridges, guess who pushed that, and guess who bitches when one gets a little tathered? So I could also argue, since they have their hand out (with lobbiest and PC on their side) it wouldn't bother me if they had to give a little. bike TAX, LOL

So why do license tabs for a motorcycle cost more than a car anyway? I suppose if that logic is extended then bicycles should cost more to license than a motorcycle. And don't forget the bicycle endorsement for your drivers license.

So why do license tabs for a motorcycle cost more than a car anyway? I suppose if that logic is extended then bicycles should cost more to license than a motorcycle. And don't forget the bicycle endorsement for your drivers license.

HUH??? only old junk cars maybe.

Joe

since the OP was from Idaho.....potato TAX

ever notice that every tax generates a piece of paper, then that gives opportunity to add another tax under the original tax. filing TAX, subagent TAX, local TAX, federal TAX, etc everyone jumps in like pigs in the slop.