Sign in to follow this  

450 R head

Hey,

What year model crf 450R head will fit my bike.

I have a 2007 450X... Also what year model R head is the best and do they change with each year in regards to porting and how the power comes on etc etc..

Thanks.

If you were to install 36mm intakes on your head is a good setup. What are you looking for powerwise? I know the stock X cams are pretty weak. Installing a Stage 1 or 2 Hotcams will really wake that motor up.

the R head does not really add much without a cam, and even with there is not much to be added.

they will add some high rpm power, but unless you are racing at high speeds, they are not worth the $$.

the R head does not really add much without a cam, and even with there is not much to be added.

they will add some high rpm power, but unless you are racing at high speeds, they are not worth the $$.

Agree.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your replys... Well I have an athena 490 big bore kit, 2006 R cam, 2006 R system.. I just need to know what R head fits my bike ? Its almost time for me to change my intakes and my local machine shops are a blooody rip off.. Im from Australia and its cheaper for me to buy the R head with oem stainless from crfsonly.com then it is to have a local shop service my head and change the intakes, cut seats etc etc..

So I just need to know what year model R heads fit on my bike, ( 2007 crf450x )

Thanks.....

You can actually go back to like '02/04 but it's slightly more involved, parts wise. Simple bolt on is '05+