Sign in to follow this  

Missouri Going to ActionMX tomorrow

I plan on checking out ActionMX tomorrow just to get out an ride a little bit. Does anyone have any good hints or info about the place?

went riding today and had a blast. Two things I have figured out... 1) I suck. 2) I'm a chicken.

I'm not sure a crf230 is the best bike to be running on an MX track, but I don't think a better bike would have helped. I can't seem to figure out how to ride in muddy ruts - there has got to be a trick to it. Also, my jumps suck - I always seem to be landing front end first and my balance is too far forward. I think I might be letting off the throttle right at the lip of the jump (see previous paragraph about me being a chicken) so I need to work on that next time.

Still beats working on a Monday!

I think i'll be going back to ActionMX again this Sunday if anyone will be around. I could use the company and advice.

Are you talking out by Richwoods? Me and son went several times last year and liked it. It is a pretty good track for beginners and mini / pit bikes. Son started riding 17/14 Pitster Pro pit bike (about same size as an 80) and he likes it out there.

May be going out on Sunday, hopefully it won't rain. I just have XR250 so not fast either. Good place to get some jumping practice. You definitely can't left off throttle at lip of the jump, just hold it steady then let off in the air.

I imagine with the warmer temps this weekend the riding spots will be busier.