Sign in to follow this  

hello and advice

first wanted to say hello being the newbie here. a little about me is i was a auto mechanic in my youth and then moved onto HVAC. have been tinkering with things ever since i can remember and love turning wrenches. my family and i ride whenever we can and have made the best memories gritting dirt in our teeth, either on dirtbikes or when our son raced bmx.

am looking for a site to show how to tear down a 2000 Honda xr250r. trying to help my son work on his bike and want to be certain we know what we are getting into. we got the basics out of the way like the carb, exhaust, clutch linkage, etc and got a better look at it and not certain what the next step is.

thanks for the help!!!

r00t4rd3d - thanks for the link - that looks like a great reference!! this all got sprung on me at 5 tonight, wants to get his engine into the shop so he will be ready come spring. thanks again!!

Welcome ! Your defiantly in the right place. Lots of very good XR guys around here that have done what you are doing. Get the camera out and start taking pictures with your questions.

Here is the manual in PDF format for your bike.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVQTLNEH

Nice. Thanks for that link....:thumbsup:

Wouldn't also happen to know a link for a 03 ttr125 would ya?