Sign in to follow this  

surface rust removal?

so over the winter my front rotor has started to rust up a little. just some minor surface rust, but i tried a stiff wire brush and did nothing much more then take the powder off and left a tad bit of pitting. anyone have a better or nifty idea or experiance with doing the same for there bikes?

thanks logan:thumbsup:

i was afraid someone would say that........ im going to do it but i wanted something easyier. my hands cramp up fast and theres a lot of tight nooks and such to get my fingers in with steelwool but it got to get done.

thanks logan

Ride down the street... touch the front brake lever a few times... and it will be clean.

sorry forgot to mention where the rust was.....rust is starting to rear its ugly head not on the pad surface but everything else.

thats normal and just let it go. you can really do much about it, after you get it cleaned you can clear coat it but that's about it.

thats normal and just let it go. you can really do much about it, after you get it cleaned you can clear coat it but that's about it.

ya get it a lot up there dont you??? i was thinking that if i were to clean it up that i can hit it with a shop of something but like you states" let it go" which i think is the best idea.