Sign in to follow this  

'09 Oil filter removal...what am I missing here?

Am I missing something about getting the filter out of this thing. I've removed the two bolts the manual says to remove and the cover and spring have been taken off. WTH doesn't the filter come out easily? On my YZ I had to remove the entire outer assembly to get to the filter but this Kawi manual says just the 2 bolts. I can't seem to work the filter out. Anyone? Thanks!

Am I missing something about getting the filter out of this thing. I've removed the two bolts the manual says to remove and the cover and spring have been taken off. WTH doesn't the filter come out easily? On my YZ I had to remove the entire outer assembly to get to the filter but this Kawi manual says just the 2 bolts. I can't seem to work the filter out. Anyone? Thanks!

Yeah its just stuck on there pretty good. Use your pinky finger and put it in the hole and wiggle it and it should drop out. Mine does it every time its just real tight fit.

same here, yea use ur pinky finger and wiggle it back and forth, make sue when u install a new filter u put some oil on the lil rubber seal/groment, this helps it seal.

Thanks guys, it worked...for removing the filter that is not sure about the sex.

I use niddle nose plyers. Stick it in the hole and expand, pull it right out

I second using pliers, but I use a pair of expanding snap ring pliers. I´m so lazy...

needle nose didn't work for me. the primitive pinky approach was better.

i do it differant everytime i change mine lol, sometimes ill get a small flat head screa drive and put it in the lil hole on the filter and pry just enough to get a good grip on it, but not much!, then i pull it out, or!!!!! someitme sill use my magnet but that dosnt always work haha.

it only takes one more bolt on the yz to get the filter off. anyways I just use pliers as on the kx as well.