Sign in to follow this  

Replacement Clutch Springs for 03 CRF450r

Ever since I've owned my 03 crf450r it has had an really stiff clutch pull. I have replaced the clucth cable and clucth plates and springs with oem parts and the pull is still stiiff. If I loosen the adjusters on the clutch cable, there is too much play at the lever and the clutch doesnt engage all the way when I pull the lever in. Does anyone know who sells clutch springs that are not as stiff as the stock ones or has a solution for my problem?

There has to be some freeplay in the lever before the lever engages or you will burn your clutch up due to constant slipping. Does your lever move freely on its pivot with the cable disconnected? Sometimes the lever siezes on the bolt. Have you checked your clutch pull with other crfs? The pull is heavy but not excessive. Good luck.

Has to be something wrong. I have an 03 and clutch pull is fine. There is a company that sell springs that will have a lighter pull but still be enough for the clutch. I put them in my 08 yz250f and I like them. Company is called Dark Synergy

There has to be some freeplay in the lever before the lever engages or you will burn your clutch up due to constant slipping. Does your lever move freely on its pivot with the cable disconnected? Sometimes the lever siezes on the bolt. Have you checked your clutch pull with other crfs? The pull is heavy but not excessive. Good luck.

There is free play and the lever isn't seized. I grease the pivot bolt every few rides. Yeah ive checked on two used 08 crf450s and there pull was easy and my 04 crf250x has an easy pull too.

Has to be something wrong. I have an 03 and clutch pull is fine. There is a company that sell springs that will have a lighter pull but still be enough for the clutch. I put them in my 08 yz250f and I like them. Company is called Dark Synergy

Thanks I will check them out.