Sign in to follow this  

Moose Rims

Has anyone laced up a set of Moose rims? They look good, and use stock spokes and hardware, and are a good price. I was curious as to if they laced up nice and true or needed some special attention to get them right.

I used them. The rear cracked in 7 places after 4 months and 6 races. Small cracks around the spoke holes. I was using Buchanan spokes. Cubera had a set and used Moose spokes. He had a spoke failure and lost half the spokes. I DO NOT recommend using Moose wheels. Do search on here and you can see pics. Buy Excel. People are having good luck with Warp 9's also

Don't use Moose spokes because they break. Other than that my rear rim is holding up OK. The front rim has a couple of dings and dents and has had to be semi straightened to hold a bead. I would grade these rims not as good as stock and not as good as Excels for sure.

broke spokes 01.jpg

rim d 1.jpg

They are crap. Moose doesn't make them anyway - they just buy cheap rims (from China probably) and slap their logo on it - this is the case with nearly all of their "hard parts."

They are crap. Moose doesn't make them anyway - they just buy cheap rims (from China probably) and slap their logo on it - this is the case with nearly all of their "hard parts."

Yup. Better to spend a bit more and buy quality stuff. I can't even tell you how many times cheaping out has ended up costing me more money. :thumbsup::ride: