Sign in to follow this  

1995 rm 125 wont start back up

my friend has this 95 rm 125 and we cant seem to get it started. its got plenty of spark, tons of compression and it is getting fuel. when we put the carb back on i kicked it one time and it fired right up. shut it off then after that it wont start back up. anybody got any ideas as to what the prblem is?

If it will not start, how do you know the switch is working fine? Try disconnecting it where it connects into the harness and see what happens. And then double check the spark.

If it will not start, how do you know the switch is working fine? Try disconnecting it where it connects into the harness and see what happens. And then double check the spark.

well when it was running i used the switch to kill it. but we never did check it with the plug out

Is the filter on the fuel cock clear? Did crap get sucked into the carb and clog it?

try putting the choke on and put your hand behind the carb and kick it, youl be needing a friend for this and if your hand is soaked on gas the spark is the problem deffinately, see if the timing is correct cuz sometimes there are dudes that think that that will make your bike faster, but the only thing it does is retard or advance the ignition timing

Is the filter on the fuel cock clear? Did crap get sucked into the carb and clog it?

didnt check the filter but we cleaned the carb and put it back on and thats when it started on the first kick. then it wouldnt do anything

Is there crap in the tank? If it started right up after cleaning the carb and now wont, it may have gotten clogged again

Is there crap in the tank? If it started right up after cleaning the carb and now wont, it may have gotten clogged again

your prolly right ill give that a try. i should have just done it myself, than having my buddy do it lol

Drain the tank, pull the fuel cock, and clean everything. Then clean the carb just as throughly.